Little things on the XD I really like... - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 5Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Little things on the XD I really like...

I didn't at first...the windshield slope seemed to steep, but as I drive it in snowstorms, I really like the aerodynamics and the way no snow lands on the windshield. It blows right over.
I also like the way the gap where the wipers are clears itself as you drive. Whatever snow accumulates in there overnight just blows out as you drive.
I like the short time it takes for the engine to warm and the heater to blow warm air. My old GMC 6.6l diesel took forever, in comparison, to heat up.
I also like the separate defrost button. Though it is placed in kind of an awkward spot on the dash and is hard to see without looking around the gear shift, when it is turned on, it clears the windshield very quickly.
I like the way the box is high enough that the wheel wells don't take up much space in the box of the truck.

What is annoying is the very small gap offered me to release the latch to open the hood, at the hood. I'm not talking about the release lever under the dash in the truck.

What little things have you found that you like or don't like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-09-2017, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Garage
I dont like how small the back window is where it opens, like to have the hole thing drop, power folding mirrors would be nice at the drive thu, luv the all around camers, just wish you could control them all the time, I'm 6 4 and it's still a pain in the a$$ to see around in the engine compartment, luv how the 5.0 sounds when getting on it, dont like that the traction control never really turns off, luv how it sound when closing the doors, key fob will put the windows down but not up...wtf....ok thats all for now
post #3 of 12 Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Welcome to the site.

I guess the only thing I dislike is if I sit straight up, I'm almost looking at the top of the sun visor. So, I have to lean over a bit, not a huge problem. Other than that, I've had the truck almost 2 months and put on 450 miles or so it's too early to tell. Fingers crossed and I don't have similar issues other members have.

2016 PRO-4X Diesel

post #4 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Because the truck's aesthetics is a plain-Jane appearance. It can't be improved upon with aftermarket parts (parts fitting only the Nissan trk) to the point that would invoke ones desire to steal it due to blk mkt demand. One can leave the trk at a low or unlit boat ramp overnight w/o security and it will still be there with all rims/tires still on, Lol. And there is nothing wrong with that because it's all good to know it will always be there waiting for you. Call it dependability in a different light.

Last edited by fshn16; 01-10-2017 at 05:10 AM.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
key fob will put the windows down but not up...wtf....ok thats all for now
theres a "mod" for that. titantalk.com has a writeup

2011 Titan Pro4x
post #6 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
I dont like how small the back window is where it opens, like to have the hole thing drop, power folding mirrors would be nice at the drive thu, luv the all around camers, just wish you could control them all the time, I'm 6 4 and it's still a pain in the a$$ to see around in the engine compartment, luv how the 5.0 sounds when getting on it, dont like that the traction control never really turns off, luv how it sound when closing the doors, key fob will put the windows down but not up...wtf....ok thats all for now
Careful with that. I had a love/hate relationship with that feature (more often hate) in my '09 Titan. The worst was when a guy at the office asked who's Titan was in the parking lot with the windows down in an Alabama gully washer! I had more than one occasion where i went to get in my truck in the morning and the windows were down. I finally learned to just take my keys out of my pocket whenever possible.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 12:53 PM

Garage
Hmm they have rain sensing wipers, why not rain sensing window closing
post #8 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
I don't like how when you turn the truck off, the radio does not stay on until a door is opened, like all my other Nissans. I also don't like how the passenger seat belt lays when someone takes it off and gets out. It twists 180 degrees, lays between the seat and pillar, and bounces with every bump, causing a rattle.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 07:46 PM

Garage
Also that its a pain to change xm stations up or down one at at time without holding the button for 3 secs or reaching for the knob way over yonder...but the sound system is pretty nice for stock
post #10 of 12 Old 01-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshn16 View Post
Because the truck's aesthetics is a plain-Jane appearance. It can't be improved upon with aftermarket parts (parts fitting only the Nissan trk) to the point that would invoke ones desire to steal it due to blk mkt demand. One can leave the trk at a low or unlit boat ramp overnight w/o security and it will still be there with all rims/tires still on, Lol. And there is nothing wrong with that because it's all good to know it will always be there waiting for you. Call it dependability in a different light.
Give that a try and report back on that. Have to say when I'm parked somewhere and come out there is always people staring at it. H€ll watched one guy walk into another car, and one run into the back of his wife when she stopped. I luv the way it looks personally. Plain jane...no...one of a kind o yeah
JB'sTitanXD likes this.

Last edited by XDHunter; 01-10-2017 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page