New XD Owner, imported from Canada to US - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New XD Owner, imported from Canada to US

Went up to Canada and bought a brand new 2016 PR 4x4 in cayenne red. Paid 52,260 Canadian out the door, which, after the exchange rate is about $38,750 US. I'm feeling like I got a **** good deal, so I'm pretty stoked. Of course the speedometer has KM/H as the larger numbers with MPH smaller inside of that, but not a huge deal. The only other annoyance is that I can't seem to get the temperature on the climate control to change to Fahrenheit. Even after changing the temperature unit in the system control the climate control remains in Celsius. If anybody knows the trick to switch that over please let me know.

If anybody is interested in the import process let me know, the cliff notes version is... no duty is owed on import as the truck is made in USA, you need a letter of compliance from Nissan stating that the vehicle meets US EPA (must have EPA certification label in engine compartment) and DOT standards (with Canadian CVMSS sticker inside driver door), and you have to pay cash as you can't finance.
xxx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Congratulations on the truck! Dont worry about the speed and temp units. You'll learn to kno what they are by a glance,the same as 24 hr time,and wont it be great being fluent in another language. Enjoy the truck!
post #3 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 06:04 AM
atc

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb53 View Post
Went up to Canada and bought a brand new 2016 PR 4x4 in cayenne red. Paid 52,260 Canadian out the door, which, after the exchange rate is about $38,750 US. I'm feeling like I got a **** good deal, so I'm pretty stoked. Of course the speedometer has KM/H as the larger numbers with MPH smaller inside of that, but not a huge deal. The only other annoyance is that I can't seem to get the temperature on the climate control to change to Fahrenheit. Even after changing the temperature unit in the system control the climate control remains in Celsius. If anybody knows the trick to switch that over please let me know.

If anybody is interested in the import process let me know, the cliff notes version is... no duty is owed on import as the truck is made in USA, you need a letter of compliance from Nissan stating that the vehicle meets US EPA (must have EPA certification label in engine compartment) and DOT standards (with Canadian CVMSS sticker inside driver door), and you have to pay cash as you can't finance.
Gas or diesel?

post #4 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Yeah that's a good price on a diesel up here. I paid 56 for my loaded pro4x in Alberta.

Hope you don't need any warranty trips or you live close to the border. Nissan are dicks about fixing anything other than recalls over the border.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sorry forgot to mention it's a gas, also my warranty it tolled for 6 months, so I can't have any warranty work done until December.
post #6 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 12:04 PM
atc

Quote:
Sorry forgot to mention it's a gas, also my warranty it tolled for 6 months, so I can't have any warranty work done until December.
So you got roughly $17,500 to $18000 discount?
post #7 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc View Post
Quote:
If we're using the sticker price I got a $23k discount, i know that's not reality given that people are getting rebates and discounts on new trucks bought in the US, but I still think I got 8-10k off what I may have paid in the US.
post #8 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM
atc

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If we're using the sticker price I got a $23k discount, i know that's not reality given that people are getting rebates and discounts on new trucks bought in the US, but I still think I got 8-10k off what I may have paid in the US.
But you didn't have to pay tax?
List on a PR gas is roughly $69600 with freight. Minus $23000 is $46600 so I was trying to figure your $52000 total
post #9 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I got my pro4x luxury diesel in april and paid 61k with 5yr warranty and tonneau cover and corrosion protection for 7 years on all the paint. Plus tax. You paid less than me and i felt like i got a decent deal. I wont cry too much if i didnt im super happy with my truck
post #10 of 14 Old 06-19-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
But you didn't have to pay tax?
List on a PR gas is roughly $69600 with freight. Minus $23000 is $46600 so I was trying to figure your $52000 total
I had to pay GST only because its for export, so $49k purchase price, then roughly $2400 in GST, i rounded down to 52k. Then after the exchange rate it turns into about $38,750 USD.

Last edited by Mb53; 06-19-2017 at 09:06 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page