problems with my xd - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 10Likes

post #1 of 50 Old 03-21-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down problems with my xd

This is my experience with my 2016 Titan XD. The first week of owning the truck I experience a leaking radiator that my dealer covers the cost of, $2900. I was without my truck for a few days. This was at 850 kms. I’m happy they fixed this problem. I drove my truck for another week and had the engine light come on. Apparently the exhaust sensor is not calibrated properly for life outside the testing facilities. I understand that. Nissan is covering that cost as well. However, being such a new truck, I am waiting for the sensor to arrive but the truck is still drivable. The truck now has 1900 km. This brings us to the 4th week. Exhaust fluid (DEF) light has come on and now the speed limiter has come into effect. Now my $65,000.00(Canadian) truck is sitting at the dealer for the second week. I called Nissan Canada and called my dealer. Neither have a time line in sight for the parts to arrive.
Think what you will of this.
I understand this is a new model for Nissan and that there will be issues on some trucks. I really do like the Titan XD. I previously owned a 2013 FX4 Ford and still prefer the new Titan but I am not driving my new truck because it has been in the shop more than it has been in my driveway. Would I tell other people to buy this truck? Yes I love it but maybe wait until next year so that you’re not the test dummy like I currently feel. Nissan is currently telling me to wait to get back the use of my business truck.
Let me know if anyone else has any problems or did I maybe buy the first lemon Nissan XD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 Old 03-21-2016, 06:21 PM

Did you refill the def when it gets to certain low level most if not all new diesel truck will limit speed until def is refilled
realbored likes this.
post #3 of 50 Old 03-21-2016, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek s View Post
This is my experience with my 2016 Titan XD. The first week of owning the truck I experience a leaking radiator that my dealer covers the cost of, $2900. I was without my truck for a few days. This was at 850 kms. I?m happy they fixed this problem. I drove my truck for another week and had the engine light come on. Apparently the exhaust sensor is not calibrated properly for life outside the testing facilities. I understand that. Nissan is covering that cost as well. However, being such a new truck, I am waiting for the sensor to arrive but the truck is still drivable. The truck now has 1900 km. This brings us to the 4th week. Exhaust fluid (DEF) light has come on and now the speed limiter has come into effect. Now my $65,000.00(Canadian) truck is sitting at the dealer for the second week. I called Nissan Canada and called my dealer. Neither have a time line in sight for the parts to arrive.
Think what you will of this.
I understand this is a new model for Nissan and that there will be issues on some trucks. I really do like the Titan XD. I previously owned a 2013 FX4 Ford and still prefer the new Titan but I am not driving my new truck because it has been in the shop more than it has been in my driveway. Would I tell other people to buy this truck? Yes I love it but maybe wait until next year so that you?re not the test dummy like I currently feel. Nissan is currently telling me to wait to get back the use of my business truck.
Let me know if anyone else has any problems or did I maybe buy the first lemon Nissan XD?
Welcome to the party. Mine was in the shop the first week too. It took 3 shop visits and 12 days at the dealer to get it right. Same check engine light came on all 3 times.

post #4 of 50 Old 03-22-2016, 03:35 AM

All their supposed testing did not discover these issues? Lemon Law may apply depending on where you live.
post #5 of 50 Old 03-22-2016, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolavirs View Post
All their supposed testing did not discover these issues?

No amount of testing ever reveals all the issues. And pre production vehicles and production vehicles are not the same. Things that are found during testing that are corrected can lead to other issues. Every ones driving habits and circumstances are different and that can expose more issues. Footloose and atc have had their trucks for roughly the same amount of time, atc has not had the issues that Footloose has had. Just like people no to vehicles are ever the same.
post #6 of 50 Old 03-23-2016, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbored View Post
No amount of testing ever reveals all the issues. And pre production vehicles and production vehicles are not the same. Things that are found during testing that are corrected can lead to other issues. Every ones driving habits and circumstances are different and that can expose more issues. Footloose and atc have had their trucks for roughly the same amount of time, atc has not had the issues that Footloose has had. Just like people no to vehicles are ever the same.

Agree. It does suck to have problems i understand that. But nissan isn't backing away from the plate. well atleast for me that hasn't been the case. They have been doing everything that they possibly could do to make sure I'm satisfied. which i appreciate.
post #7 of 50 Old 03-23-2016, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by achechi1165 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbored View Post

Agree. It does suck to have problems i understand that. But nissan isn't backing away from the plate. well atleast for me that hasn't been the case. They have been doing everything that they possibly could do to make sure I'm satisfied. which i appreciate.
Yes, they have been eager to get the problem fixed and they have had good follow up. Typically they call every few days to make sure everything is going good.
realbored likes this.
post #8 of 50 Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes absolutely my light came on for low Def and filled it. was about 200 km after that engine light showed.
post #9 of 50 Old 03-28-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
An update still no word on my parts coming. Nissan canada has not called back yet. Mostly because they don't have the part. They said today will be getting a phone call from management at nissan canada. My dealer has no idea of when parts are coming either. Will update after my conversation with nissan today? Wishful thinking....
post #10 of 50 Old 03-28-2016, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't like hearing this and hope they get you fixed ASAP.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page