• 1 Post By TexMex
  • 1 Post By babyhead

post #1 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Nissan Sales, Beats Toyota in Two Key Markets

Nissan dealers are slowly learning how to market the Titan trucks, and their sales and profits go up. Expect to see your local dealer to look more truck oriented soon. If you care, check out the dealership they discuss in Utah. (I know they say Nashville in the excerpt I quoted. They were in Nashville for a conference) They are upgrading the Titans with accessories (like the big three) before they put them on the lot. No brainer I say. Some good looking trucks on their lot,

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...rucks-in-a-row

""Our store profits doubled from 2015 to 2016, and the Titan was a big part of that," Slade said last week in Nashville. "We've discovered a huge opportunity, and now that the whole lineup is out, you're going to see even more opportunity."

Slade typically sells about 200 new Nissan vehicles a month, and 40 of them are Titans.

"It's also charged up my people at the store," he says. "You've got Nissan salespeople who are used to selling Sentras and Rogues, and the commissions on those aren't very big. Then you get a salesperson who sells a $60,000 Titan and shows his co-workers his commission check? Yeah. They want to sell more trucks."

Even though the whole portfolio is just arriving, early efforts such as Slade's have produced promising results. In January, for the first time, the Titan outsold Toyota's more popular Tundra pickup in two key markets -- Omaha, Neb., and Salt Lake City.

"We've never been able to do that in the past," Diaz said.""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The guys comment on the bottom struck me as odd. So I clicked to read his other comments and wow what piece of work that guy is. His distaste for non-american vehicles is amazing. Seems to hate all thing Asian honestly. Is the titan even an asian truck ?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I know the sales numbers haven't been impressive but I can tell you I've spotted more XDs in the San Antonio area lately. Last week I spotted five other XDs within a few days. Not including the other XD in my neighborhood. When I first starting researching the truck, it was more like once a month... if that. We have a few truck buyers here in Texas so hopefully I continue to see more and more.... as long as they aren't monotone pearl white Pro-4Xs.

'17 TitanXD Pro4X 5.6L

post #4 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
When I bought my XD last fall from Tim Dahle in Southtown, Utah(in the article as mentioned) they were moving 3-4 XD's a day. They couldn't keep them in stock. I bought mine as it came off the line without seeing it in person. This was for a gasser XD in a Pro4x, which were hard to come by at the time. This dealer was 35 miles from my house and there were 3 other dealerships between my house and Tim Dahle. BUT they seemed to have more inventory availability than anyone else.

Even though the f150 sells more than the others, I seem to see more Ram 1500's on the road than anything else.

2016 Pro4-X Gasser
Pearl White Monotone

Playing Living in the Rocky Mountains of Utah!
post #5 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyhead View Post
When I bought my XD last fall from Tim Dahle in Southtown, Utah(in the article as mentioned) they were moving 3-4 XD's a day. They couldn't keep them in stock. I bought mine as it came off the line without seeing it in person. This was for a gasser XD in a Pro4x, which were hard to come by at the time. This dealer was 35 miles from my house and there were 3 other dealerships between my house and Tim Dahle. BUT they seemed to have more inventory availability than anyone else.

Even though the f150 sells more than the others, I seem to see more Ram 1500's on the road than anything else.
Wow, glad they are selling well out west and down south. Northern Virginia, DC area is not a haven for trucks per se...in this market they were discounting heavily--mostly dealers eating a loss. Still are. The dealers around the Capital Beltway still have 2016's and are discounting the bejesus out of them. Priority Nissan in Chantilly VA (just out I-66 a short way form the Beltway) has a 2016 SL 4x4 diesel for $39,997. Several 4x4 Platinum reserve diesels on their lot for $44-45K. Wow! I paid $42,800 for my pearl white SL 4x4 diesel in College Park, MD at the end of November. Thetruck was delivered in late March and was the only one they got I think and sat there for 8 months...only 14 miles, so not much test driving either! Still happy with the deal and the truck for sure, but a few of the same 16's I looked at are still on the lots around here. Desperation is driving the discounts lower. For that price, worth a flight and drive home.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vann5 View Post
Wow, glad they are selling well out west and down south. Northern Virginia, DC area is not a haven for trucks per se...in this market they were discounting heavily--mostly dealers eating a loss. Still are. The dealers around the Capital Beltway still have 2016's and are discounting the bejesus out of them. Priority Nissan in Chantilly VA (just out I-66 a short way form the Beltway) has a 2016 SL 4x4 diesel for $39,997. Several 4x4 Platinum reserve diesels on their lot for $44-45K. Wow! I paid $42,800 for my pearl white SL 4x4 diesel in College Park, MD at the end of November. Thetruck was delivered in late March and was the only one they got I think and sat there for 8 months...only 14 miles, so not much test driving either! Still happy with the deal and the truck for sure, but a few of the same 16's I looked at are still on the lots around here. Desperation is driving the discounts lower. For that price, worth a flight and drive home.

What dealer is this? Threw the zip in true car and came back 55k and change for a 16 4x4 pr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 09:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexey View Post
What dealer is this? Threw the zip in true car and came back 55k and change for a 16 4x4 pr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rexey: Priority Nissan in Chantilly, Virginia about 15 miles outside the Capital Beltway out I-66

http://www.prioritynissanchantilly.c...e91f45d324.htm

http://www.prioritynissanchantilly.c...f408c64bb8.htm

Some of the DC area dealers are discounting in similar amounts on the 2016's to get rid of them...they have been on the lots for MONTHS here! Hey, I'm from Texas orginally, owned a 1991 D250 Dodge diesel and enjoyed the fact that they were dealing here!! There are trucks in the DC area like anywhere (duh I guess), but not like the south or west. Do a Google search on DC area Nissan dealers... a number of 2016's left waiting for a deal.

I just saw on another thread a guy who was out the door with a 2016 Platinum Reserve for between 44 and 45K. That is a helluva deal! Try eastern dealers...they aren't as truck focused on the east coast

Good luck!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2017, 10:17 PM
Jtp

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
hmmm, guess the Titan is not such a failure after all..
Once these trucks get to selling, and the Nissan dealer learn to sell and service them, Ram needs to look out, because Chrysler products are always the first brand to fall away when serious competition starts.
I get stopped all the time, with questions about mine, especially by ford 6.0 owners

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page