Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Good things coming!

13K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  Ransx77 
#1 ·
So my buddy is a master tech at the Nissan dealer I go to for service. He is their master tech as well for the titan and GT-R. I pass three dealers and drive 45 mins to go there cause the dealer is amazing and my buddy knows his stuff. He actually helped develop the new alignment specs for the titan when they were having issues as he owns one and worked with it.

Anyway, I was there to have my steering feedback issue looked at which they are working to fix. It took me a year and 17 visits to get where I am with a fix for this truck on my previous brand. One visit and a test drive and we are under way. I am satisfied as long as there is movement .

While there, he informed me of some fun stuff coming and what's being worked on.

A. Nissan is very aware of the dead petal issue and working diligently to resolve. My buddy himself has a case in on it and is able to replicate in any truck on the lot on command. I feel positive after what I saw and heard yesterday. I do not experience this as bad as others but am optimistic you will all be getting a fix soon.

B. Nismo is weeks away from releasing their own steering stabilizer that will help with bump steer and be designed specifically for our truck and tow applications.

C. Nissan is also releasing a 50 gallon fuel tank option soon. It will be a Nissan part available to purchase by all. It will be around $1500 installed. Not sure of part cost alone.

See less See more
#8 ·
He says yes.

Thank you soooooo much for sharing!!!! If you could possibly ask or if you know..... How about the shift flair on 2-3 shift? And the slam jam on a couple different shift profiles?

This is the big one I'm waiting for. They are close to releasing another TCM update bit what I will say is, he is more confident in a good tune with fixed shift points fixing this. He himself even said he plans to so a ezlync tune with egr bypass when out. Our EGR setup can be told to close off this deleting without removal. Either way, whether you delete or not, a good shift tune will be our holy grail. That said, the new tcm update coming in the next month may be good. In the meantime a lot of folks are running the truck in tow mode always as it never ever flares in tow. Sorry I don't know much more on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the 50 gal is still accurate with the gauge and range I'll be interested.

He knows for sure the gauge will work 100% as it works based on sea level inside the tank if that makes sense. The new tank is designed in such that at half tank, the float is half way up/down inside the physical tank if that makes sense. Equally wider as it is taller basically. What he doesn't know is the DTE. Not sure if or how that will work.

2016 Diesel Titan XD PR 4x4 - Java, bone stock

#13 ·
Solar, would you mind giving us a rough idea of where this dealer is? I would 300miles to get my truck to a tech that knows their stuff instead of the ones that say "well all diesels have that smell in the cab" and "thats just the way those trucks drive" PLEASE say somewhere in Texas?

#17 ·
I'm in the same boat. I THINK my tech here at Round Rock Nissan is pretty good but I haven't had any smells to complain about yet. I think to be fair on the techs, other than reflashing the TCM and ECM, they're stuck saying the trucks drive that way until a new update comes out.

2016 Diesel Titan XD PR 4x4 - Java, bone stock

#23 ·
Spot on. As far as the dead petal and flares, there is zero techs can do for this. As I said, my master tech buddy has one of these trucks and has the issues. If it was fixable he'd a done it. I learned a lot from him and have changed my drive style for now. He runs his in tow mode for the time being. Seems to run great in tow, as does mine. Zero flare. I've also learned and now noticed shift flare reduce dramatically if I am aggressive on the throttle when tranny temps are cold. It doesnt like being babied cold, that's when it really flares.

And when decelerating, dead pedal is related to parshal release of the accelerator then pushing it back down a lot. He is able to reproduce on every single truck on the lot. We took a few brand new ones for a drive. If you completely let off the ecm and tcm is able to acknowledge then no issue when you stomp on it. So for the time being again, if not in tow, I've become a custom to letting off all the way in areas I tend to slow then want to hammer it like on on-ramps with hair pin turns and intersections.... Not ideal but keeps me, the contents in my truck, and the truck itself safe. I'm told the issue is communication between the Cummins ECM and the Aisen TCM . Those two vendors are still learning to play well together. Nissan is unfortunately the middle man for these two issues. Im told the pedal issue has the highest priority for Nissan right now.

#18 · (Edited)
You know, a dealer thread would be a good thread to start. I will start that new thread somewhere in here. Dealer, good or bad, locations. For me, my dealer is in Newark Ohio unfortunately, as I see a lot of you are no where near here ha. I pass three dealers from grove city on my drive to Newark to go here. Only thing I can say is target small town dealers outside of major cities. Inner city dealers don't seem to deal with the bigger trucks a lot.

#20 ·
Started the dealer service rating thread on the issues and defects thread. I will continue to update this thread on the items I mentioned above and whatever else new stuff I learn about. Any service and dealer info you want to share, head to the new dealer service rating thread :)

#24 ·
Based my experience with my local dealership (not where I bought it), it's going to be like pulling teeth to get the ECM flashed.

When I brought it in for the fuel line recall, I told them it was pulling to the right, had smell in cab, and I was concerned about the turbo. I told the service manager that I monitor the forums, so I know there are issues and fixes. She laughed and told me that I shouldn't be reading the forums. They refused to check the turbo.
The truck still pulls to the right. They wanted me to pay for the new air filter and labor because the tech said it was like any other diesel.. They also told me they wouldn't flash the truck because they'd never done it before and I should just wait till my first oil change.
When I took off the Titan boxes, the cover for the in-bed electrial outlet snapped off. Guess how much to fix that? $250 parts and labor..

Not exactly a confidence building visit.

#26 ·
It's good to hear Nissan is working on these items. However, my "dead pedal" is noticeably less and the power is noticeably greater with the Ag Diesel fuel module. I love my truck. Sure it could be a little better in some areas, but I've felt that way after every vehicle I've purchased - that goes for Ram, Tundra, and F150. All vehicles leave something to be desired.

My primary and #1 beef with the truck is it should come standard with 34" tires and have adequate amount of room in the wheel wells to go up to 35" without massive trim work. The tires look to small compared to the size of the truck.

#27 ·
Agreed and good to hear. I tuned my 11 f150 and the fly by wire had awful delays and the 6 speed was junk until I got my MPT tune. It was bad to the bone after the tune so I'm hopeful in this arena for the titan. If they could have made everything outside from the awesome 5.0 not be junk id a kept it. Engine was great tuned.

#30 ·
My guess is the 50 gallon update will be part of the 2018 changes/options packages. I would look for it a few months after the 18's are released. Hopefully the DTE will be easily updated for the retrofits. I do not see why it would not be. Just a software update. Good info though. Thank you.

Reactions: banjoman4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.