Pulling the trigger? - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 06-17-2017, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pulling the trigger?

Hello all! I had a 2004 Nissan Titan that I bought brand new in December of 2003. Loved the truck minus a few minor issues. I sold this truck in 2013 and purchased a brand new 2013 Ford F150 CC 4x4 Lariat w/ 3.5 Ecoboost. Currently in this truck and I love the truck minus the rough idle issues I have had since almost new and since the truck has never thrown a code, it's been real hard for the ford engineers to figure out what the issue is. I have gotten to the point where I am tired of dealing with it.

On with the good. Went to my local dealership to have the oil changed in my wife's Murano today and they had a 2017 Titan XD Cummins Crew Cab SV 4x4 with a 4inch lift on 35 inch tires that I fell in love with a price point I feel is a smoking deal (~$14 off).

For those of you who have this truck is there anything I should look out for. I did notice that it shifted very firm and when it comes to acceleration it's kind of gutless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BLOWBYU; 06-18-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-17-2017, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Just poke around this forum, you'll find the current chatter about the XD issues.

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....
post #3 of 16 Old 06-18-2017, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Not much you need to look out for, IMHO. The alignment may need to be adjusted. But, this is an adjustment and not a defect. Fit and finish is excellent. Go over the vehicle visually at the dealer, before you buy. But, there are no major red flags to look out for. It's a VERY solid truck. There are thousands on the road now. The fact that this forum is SOOOOO boring, says a lot. It's a reliable and solid truck. I have 8k on my Pro4x diesel. I'd buy another 1 tomorrow. It's truly the best truck I've owned.
banjoman4 likes this.

post #4 of 16 Old 06-18-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDinNC View Post
Not much you need to look out for, IMHO. The alignment may need to be adjusted. But, this is an adjustment and not a defect. Fit and finish is excellent. Go over the vehicle visually at the dealer, before you buy. But, there are no major red flags to look out for. It's a VERY solid truck. There are thousands on the road now. The fact that this forum is SOOOOO boring, says a lot. It's a reliable and solid truck. I have 8k on my Pro4x diesel. I'd buy another 1 tomorrow. It's truly the best truck I've owned.

Thanks XDinNC. Reading through this forum and the others it seems there is a dead peddle and some shifting issues. And very recently there has been a TSB out on it. Should I have them update the PCM and TCM with the latest software before I buy? Is that something they will do?

banjoman4 likes this.
post #5 of 16 Old 06-19-2017, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
If you have a good dealer, trucks typically get updated firmware at PDI.

2016 Diesel Titan XD PR 4x4 - Java, bone stock

2016 Titan XD PR 4x4, bone stock
post #6 of 16 Old 06-20-2017, 01:21 AM
xxx

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWBYU View Post
Thanks XDinNC. Reading through this forum and the others it seems there is a dead peddle and some shifting issues. And very recently there has been a TSB out on it. Should I have them update the PCM and TCM with the latest software before I buy? Is that something they will do?

**** yes have them do all the recall stuff and address any tsb's befor you sign on the line ..stuff like the tailgate issues alignment etc.. get a clean bill of health.. once you sign you lost your leverage ... after they are done take it for a g.d. long test drive... if you are happy then sign on the line ..screw them before they screw you !!xxx
banjoman4 likes this.

XXX
post #7 of 16 Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Long story short depends on what you want. If you want a heavier duty truck the Titan xd is the way to go. If you want a fast truck that has a weird vibration from the start.... You know where to go. The Titan issues are being worked on by the engibeers... Just software needed really. I was going to buy a new Ford. Just before purchase I went few to visit mom and with weird luck I was able to rent a crew cab 4x4 f150. I went to open the hood. Nope poor fitment kept it from unlatching. Check their forum you name it part of the truck is being complained about. Rotors to squeaky bed. I don't hate the Ford but I would rather have a 99% worked out from the beginning truck. The Toyota was just way to light duty for me to work. Or the tundra would have been on the list.

post #8 of 16 Old 06-20-2017, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Not much to worry about on the 17s. Nissan has worked it alot of the bugs which were mainly software related. The cummins when new doesnt accelerate well, but after a few thousand miles its gets better and better. According to my local dealer after 10k is when it starts to really open up. The loaner XD cummins at my dealer has 17k miles and accelerates much faster than mine with 8k on the clock. Ignore the negative nancys on the forum and buy it. I wouldnt trade my truck for anything other than a PR XD Cummins or Warrior XD Cummins if it comes out.
banjoman4 likes this.

2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 - Stock for now
Join us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to my YouTube
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for Titan XD Videos
post #9 of 16 Old 06-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I had a 1st gen Titan for years and loved it. I have a Pro 4X with the cummins and for towing its no comparison. Here is the other side to the equation, Im getting way better mileage loaded towing with this truck than I did with my 1st gen empty. I cant say enough good things about the XD
banjoman4 and JB'sTitanXD like this.
post #10 of 16 Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtmike76 View Post
I had a 1st gen Titan for years and loved it. I have a Pro 4X with the cummins and for towing its no comparison. Here is the other side to the equation, Im getting way better mileage loaded towing with this truck than I did with my 1st gen empty. I cant say enough good things about the XD
I agree! My 15 Titan I had got 13 MPGs no matter what I did unloaded. Put a trailer on it with a good amount of weight and it was single digit MPGs.

2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 - Stock for now
Join us at

Subscribe to my YouTube
for Titan XD Videos

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page