New buyer on a budget needing lots and lots of help - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up New buyer on a budget needing lots and lots of help

Hi everybody! I am looking to purchase either a 2016 - 2017 F-150 Super-crew or Nissan Titan crew cab . It will be my first pickup & I'm on a pretty strict budget. I live in Oklahoma and the top of my budget is $32,500 cash. I would prefer a Automatic with the following electric windows , seats, backup camera , remote start (might have to get this later) and dark fabric seats.

I at this time won't be hauling a boat or trailer & will be using it to haul the kiddos and groceries. I have 3 teenagers at home and need the room of the bigger cab. I'm told I don't need a 4x4 and not sure if I could even budget for one. Will $32,500 get me a nice base model crew cab? If I was dreaming I'd have a yellow truck but I believe this color isn't available in my price range. I absolutely don't want a white pickup, I had a white Honda Pilot and hated it, I'd also prefer not buying a black one but if it was the right price I wouldn't count it out. I do not want a car payment & understand that I might not get much more then a base model. I'm okay getting a 2016 or heck even a 2015 if by chance I found one brand new.

If I were to find a base model would it be possible to get free upgrades? I never know how to ask for this and need to work on my self confidence when it comes to asking for a lower price or upgrades, again I understand I'm not buying a $40-50k vehicle. I do always ask for a full tank of gas though LOL I'll be purchasing at the end of next month.

Would it be worth driving to Texas? I've always heard there are better prices in Texas but I'm not sure if that's true. I thought about renting a car and spending the weekend in Dallas area looking around. How does internet prices work and rebates? Is there rebates for cash buyers and should I tell them I'm paying cash before or after they give me the final price in writing? When looking at dealer websites, generally how much less should one expect to pay? Basically is I have $32,500 what price range should I be looking at on websites?

I also heard you can pay someone to go with and negotiate the price for you, is there a service like this available ? Pro's and cons?

Thank you so very much for all of your help, I know I asked a lot of questions. Oh two more questions. I have heard people mention websites that show all available vehicles in their state, what website is that? Is there other pickups in my budget range that I should look at? Please don't be offended that I bring up more than one brand , model etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Familiarize yourself with Nissan truck models and packages here,

https://www.nissanusa.com/trucks
post #3 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you, I will do that. Could you tell me about what I would ask on the following truck? It's not necessarily what I'd get , I'm using it as a example so I can learn. Also when I ask for a discount or upgrades and they tell me I'm asking for to much, how do I know if I actually am asking for to much? Or if they're bluffing me . I'm doing my best to learn before I go in next month

New 2017 Nissan Titan S
$30,725 MSRP $37,155

Mileage
Exterior Color
Cayenne Red
Stock
HN514277
VIN
1N6AA1EK7HN514277
Interior Color
Black
Fuel
Gasoline
Engine
5.6L V8 32V GDI DOHC
Transmission

post #4 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage
@Keepondreaming

Don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask.....is this a troll thread? With what I am reading it seems like you have never bought your own vehicle before or do not know what to do once you drive on to the lot. Which I find hard to believe if you say you have 3 teenage kids.

Go to NissanUSA's website and build the Titan you want. Then go build the Titan you can afford. Find a middle ground on want VS need. You can use the same site to locate the truck you are looking for and then contact that dealer.

You can also start looking directly at the dealer's websites. A lot of them tell you what the dealer discount is as well as what Nissan's offer is. This price is always negotiable. You can also use Truecar.com and they will give you a certificate for a price and you just take it to the dealer and pay for car and drive away.

Check out Gunnnissan.com It is a dealer in San Antonio but just look at their Titan SV prices. That is an example of where you should be at with prices in the Dallas or OK area.

Good Luck.
fshn16 and EricNSTL like this.

2017 Titan XD PR 5.6 Deep Blue Pearl

Last edited by JB20; 06-19-2017 at 10:12 AM.
post #5 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No it's not a troll thread, I have had two brand new Honda Pilots but this time I will be the one doing the negotiations, when I didn't on my Pilots. I'll be paying off my 2014 Honda Pilot, selling it ,taking the cash & adding more to get the Truck. I actually have 6 kids (17, 17, 18 , 19, 20 and 23) but only 3 left at home and this is my first time getting my WANT and not a need ( 8 seater). When we got my pilots we knew exactly what we needed, a 8 seater which we financed. Honestly, we didn't ask for much of a discount because I didn't know that you could get such a deal. My husband is a Law Enforcment Officer & has never been into Vehicles etc. Honestly, We didn't realize you could get the price lowered as much as I've reason on this forum. I did get a full tank of gas with my last Pilot rofl!

I am currently undergoing Chemo treatment and this is my gift to myself for hanging in there. I learn by researching on the internet and as far as not knowing because I have teenagers, We adopted four of our children from DHS, they were older
children when we adopted them, plus not everyone is good at negotiating a vehicle price or knows anything about vehicles.

Give me make up , skin care, clothing and I'll get you a heck of a deal LOL I can be foggy brained at times due to my Chemo which is why I put all of my questions in writing. I asked here because I have been reading here and thought it would be the obvious place to ask these questions, if it's not, then please steer me in the right direction. Thanks for the advice that was given.

I'm not a troll, not everyone is knowledgeable about vehicles or knows how to get a good price. Not everyone is a trolls or have sinister intentions.

Edit to try and add photo. Waving, This is me!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4048.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	26610

Last edited by Keepondreaming; 06-19-2017 at 11:13 AM.
post #6 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB20 View Post
@Keepondreaming

Don't take this the wrong way but I have to ask.....is this a troll thread? With what I am reading it seems like you have never bought your own vehicle before or do not know what to do once you drive on to the lot. Which I find hard to believe if you say you have 3 teenage kids.

Go to NissanUSA's website and build the Titan you want. Then go build the Titan you can afford. Find a middle ground on want VS need. You can use the same site to locate the truck you are looking for and then contact that dealer.

You can also start looking directly at the dealer's websites. A lot of them tell you what the dealer discount is as well as what Nissan's offer is. This price is always negotiable. You can also use Truecar.com and they will give you a certificate for a price and you just take it to the dealer and pay for car and drive away.

Check out Gunnnissan.com It is a dealer in San Antonio but just look at their Titan SV prices. That is an example of where you should be at with prices in the Dallas or OK area.

Good Luck.
No offense, are the prices on the Dealers website what I should expect to pay or is it fair to ask for less then the dealer website price? I'll take a look at the website you posted, thank you, I appreciate the help.
post #7 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepondreaming View Post
No offense, are the prices on the Dealers website what I should expect to pay or is it fair to ask for less then the dealer website price? I'll take a look at the website you posted, thank you, I appreciate the help.
its fair to ask for a lower price, I paid 38k for my SL 4x4 diesel.

2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 - Stock for now
Join us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to my YouTube
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for Titan XD Videos
post #8 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Yes, it is doable. A quick Autotrader search in a 100 mile radius (of me) shows some good deals available. If you can find the SV, you will appreciate the additional creature comforts. Take the advertised price and try to get it reduced through phone/email negotiations. Tell them you will be paying cash (don't tell them your budget) and you want their best out the door price. You should be able to basically close the deal other than signing the paperwork before you set foot in the dealership (insurance, license). You have already test drove, right?
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...delCode1=TITAN

2016 Pearl White SL 2x4 Diesel
post #9 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 12:37 PM
xxx

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
kudos to you for looking at a gas burner as in your example .... unless you have a use for a diesel why bother ?? they are finicky money pits these days ...xxx

XXX
post #10 of 19 Old 06-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Just an FYI I really scoured the internet and was almost in the same situation as you. Ended up purchasing a 2016 Crew Cab S Model Titan 4x2 diesel with the tow package for 29k. With tax you will be right at your purchase limit if you trade in and have a decent trade in that knocks down what you have to pay on tax. Course TN is very high on sales tax rates so I may be overestimating. And it took me 6 months of looking to get that price and get the trade in that I wanted.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page