Dont buy the xd and here is why - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 130Likes

post #1 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dont buy the xd and here is why

Attached will be my video on why not to buy the XD, i was able to sit with the tech for over an hour yesterday trying different things in order to try to get the transmission to shift smoother plus i got an answer about the block heater for us in the states. So as far as what the diesel tech said, he said that from what he has seen is that they really rushed the truck. He said they have no fixes and that in the instructions they tell him to reference a known good truck. So hes like, what if the only known good truck is the one at the testing facility. He said out of the 12 or so sold at that dealership 4 have been sold back because people do not want a hard shifting truck with no fixes in sight, or a truck that has recalls but the fixes take weeks to do. Its one thing to have a recall, then go in and get it fixed but this truck is not like that. Anyway a master tech is going to come out from nissan to try to fix it or i will be selling mine back as well. This will be the 5th time for this problem and has been in the shop for over 30 business days. As far as the block heater goes for us in the states, i was told that right now they are blaming it not starting on the diesel fuel you put into your truck. As in, a winter grade or non winter grade so no signs for a block heater yet because nissan does not want to take the blame so they a shoving it on cummins. Same goes for the transmission, the tech said that since no one wants to take the blame, you have Aisin saying its the engines fault and you have cummins saying its Aisins fault and nissan says that they dont have any knowledge of what to do and they say they will get in contact with cummins about it. Its just dickered, so as the title of the thread says, do not buy the truck until all this is figured out, as in 2018 o 2019 vehicle model years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
maybe I am just lucky, but mine shifts just the way I would want a truck to shift. The ride is smooth and it is one of the quietest vehicles I have owned. I have owned several trucks over the years from a White diesel, to Ford diesels and Dodge gasoline. The modern diesel emissions is something I could live without, but not an issue if you do road miles.
Rpeeps, gerbskie and xxx like this.
post #3 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Why did you make the purchase if you felt the "others" had a smoother transmission shift. I can understand frustration with excessive times at the dealership...however that seems to be a dealership issue not a truck issue. As I've said before I must really be lucky because I haven't had any issues and my dealership is fantastic. I don't know my exact build date, but I purchased mine in February so I definitely have an earlier build than most.

Keep in mind it's not a luxury car...it't a truck designed for working utility purposes. If you want smooth luxury buy a Lexus or and Escalade.
erinfire703, Rpeeps and xxx like this.

post #4 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
What wakinvol said!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rpeeps likes this.
post #5 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Garage
I assume you've had the TCM update and still don't like it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Titan XD PR 4x4, bone stock
post #6 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
The transmission issue is more of a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge of how that model shifts & it just needing more programming tweaks. The new Ram owners went through the same thing & it basically has been resolved.

Also, the Big3 blame everything on the fuel so that's not just a Nissan thing, it comes with the territory of owning a diesel.
Not saying it's right.
Yes, Nissan bit off a big chunk when they decided on going into the diesel world.
But anyone with half of a brain should of assumed it was going to be a possible rough few years with this model.

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....

Last edited by AZPRO4X; 12-22-2016 at 10:27 AM.
post #7 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
What wakinvol said!!! Plus----I bought my XD in February and my only complaint is the lousy trade I got and missed the end of year rebates. It is a great truck, LOVE IT.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christmas-Marvin-Martian-Tree-Decorate.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	16025  
erinfire703, Rpeeps and xxx like this.
post #8 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakinvol View Post
Why did you make the purchase if you felt the "others" had a smoother transmission shift. I can understand frustration with excessive times at the dealership...however that seems to be a dealership issue not a truck issue. As I've said before I must really be lucky because I haven't had any issues and my dealership is fantastic. I don't know my exact build date, but I purchased mine in February so I definitely have an earlier build than most.

Keep in mind it's not a luxury car...it't a truck designed for working utility purposes. If you want smooth luxury buy a Lexus or and Escalade.
I didnt feel how hard it had shifted at first on the test drive, i live in a city so its pretty hard to really get it up to speed or put it through its paces on a test drive. Also, i am on my 2nd dealership trying to get it resolved, i already have the 6 year 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty from nissan, but i honestly cant afford to keep taking it in even though i have the extended warranty. I need to respond sometimes in minutes and when my truck is gone or if its really cold and takes upwards of 6 minutes to start, it can be life or death. Im glad yours is problem free though, hope it stays that way for you. And just a side note, i am coming from a ram 3500 srw and to me that shifted smoother and i worked it much harder then i do this one since im out of the field work now.
post #9 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPRO4X View Post
The transmission issue is more of a misunderstanding or lack of knowledge of how that model shifts & it just needing more programming tweaks. The new Ram owners went through the same thing & it basically has been resolved.

Also, the Big3 blame everything on the fuel so that's not just a Nissan thing, it comes with the territory of owning a diesel.
Not saying it's right.
Yes, Nissan bit off a big chunk when they decided on going into the diesel world.
But anyone with half of a brain should of assumed it was going to be a possible rough few years with this model.
The big 3 blame it on fuel but atleast they have a fix for it, as in the block heater. I dont even have that option to me, ive owned diesels before this one as well and have lived in the same place i do now and my 6.7 cummins would still start right away with no block heater. I do not live in canada, it was only in the negatives here for 2 days so far and both of those days the truck would pretty much not start, when i was at the dealership yesterday the first thing the guy asked me was if my truck started when it was cold, i said no and he said yeah your not the only one that has came in.
post #10 of 142 Old 12-22-2016, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I've seen your videos and it looks and sounds fine. Likes been said it's a truck not a rolls royce.
After reprogramming mine went through a hard shifting episode for about a thousand miles, then it figured out what it wanted to do. The mechanic at the dealer I go to said he had one truck take 3500 miles to settle down.
Rpeeps and xxx like this.

2016 TITAN PRO-4X
AFE CAI w/scoop
Iron Cross HD steps
DashMat Ltd. Edition Dashboard Cover
Big Cummins diesel sticker

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page