• 1 Post By Phantom XD
  • 1 Post By honda250xtitan

post #1 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Remote start?

Lil fronty has a keyed ignition and since I never owned a vehicle with a remote start, I am wondering what is the best aftermarket remote start system with a security system? I consulted with my dealer and they have to yet to get back with me on the cost of the actual remote start system and it's installation. Since I am not a car expert, I am not going to install one myself, but rather I am going to use BestBuy as a know an experienced auto dude who can hook me up with a good installation. I have done a lot of research and found that Viper is a good company for remote start systems with security. What specific remote start system did you buy? What are the pros and cons of the system that you are using? What are you experiences so far? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Stay with a factory plug N play system. As far as the best security system goes, full coverage & Gap insurance is the best route. Gap can be had for around $500 ( if you don't already have it ). I would not let best buy start monkeying around with the wiring, you'll end up with a big headache most likely. If someone wants in or down right take the truck they will. Just don't keep anything nice in any vehicle.
17106 likes this.

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....
post #3 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016NissanTitanXDSDiesel View Post
Lil fronty has a keyed ignition and since I never owned a vehicle with a remote start, I am wondering what is the best aftermarket remote start system with a security system? I consulted with my dealer and they have to yet to get back with me on the cost of the actual remote start system and it's installation. Since I am not a car expert, I am not going to install one myself, but rather I am going to use BestBuy as a know an experienced auto dude who can hook me up with a good installation. I have done a lot of research and found that Viper is a good company for remote start systems with security. What specific remote start system did you buy? What are the pros and cons of the system that you are using? What are you experiences so far? Thanks.
Go to NissanUSA.com and look at the Nissan 4g WiFi app.... You can see your truck from where ever you are. If it's stolen, you know where it is in real time. My son uses a similar app with his Mustang and he can remote start it when his plane lands and is still getting his luggage. It allows you to get alerts if it moves, you can tell if a mechanic has taken it for a joyride (speed, distance etc). Haven't used it myself, but he loves his similar app.
17106 likes this.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPRO4X View Post
Stay with a factory plug N play system. As far as the best security system goes, full coverage & Gap insurance is the best route. Gap can be had for around $500 ( if you don't already have it ). I would not let best buy start monkeying around with the wiring, you'll end up with a big headache most likely. If someone wants in or down right take the truck they will. Just don't keep anything nice in any vehicle.
I agree with you @AZPRO4X. I was reading the reviews on bestbuy about the remote start system and they were utter crap. Almost everybody said that the installation dudes were jackams so I am kind of iffy right now. Do you think that Nissan could still install the Plug N Play system on my 2016 Frontier S?
post #5 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Hey brah that's a perfect question to ask on the frontier forum....

2016 Titan XD SV (gas)
2016 Grey Wolf 26dbh camper
post #6 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Crutchfield dot com. They can hook you up.
17106 likes this.
post #7 of 9 Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I believe NissanConnect also has services to help protect your truck, like stolen vehicle locator, etc. You have to pay per month after your trial ends. I'm debating on keeping it or letting it go.. Also, you really may want to seek more info from a Frontier Forum as they can relate to your experiences. Here's the link.. Good luck!

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/fe...t-options.html
17106 likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinaxd View Post
Hey brah that's a perfect question to ask on the frontier forum....
at least post it in the **** off topic section. F!CK.
banjoman4 likes this.

2011 Titan Pro4x
post #9 of 9 Old 03-20-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks all for the suggestions. I am heading to the Frontier Forum http://www.clubfrontier.org/ right now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page