35Likes

post #1 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Liquid Armour 9H Ceramic coating

So I did a lot of research and decided I wanted to ceramic 9h coat my truck. Surprisingly there's a lot of hydrophobic coating products out there and they all start around $50 for a 30ml bottle. Surprisingly most of these products are not labeled as 9h and there's no way to truly verify if they are.

I ended up getting three samples and trying all of them before I decided. I got a sample of the CeramicPRO 9h, the cquartz finest, and the Liquid Armour 9h. I'm still not 100% percent sure if the cquartz is truly 9h or not.

I'll say this first, if you're lucky enough to get a sample of the "CeramicPRO 9H" or "Cquartz Finest" product you're going to realize that you cannot buy it on the open market and that it can only be detailer applied. This is a big problem because the minimum cost quotes that I got were between $1,500 and $1,800 without paint correction. The detailers I talked to told me that it's not a product that just anyone can apply and I kind of gathered that from some of the videos because they talk about high spots when applying it.

That's when I stumbled across another detailer who is using a product called Liquid Armour. He said the company contacted him and ask him to compare their product to the Ceramic Pro 9H and Cquartz that he was currently using. They sent him a sample and he said now he won't use anything else. I asked what the benefits were, and he said it's simple, it's an easier to apply and better product and the price point is far better. He quoted me $600 plus $200 for paint correction to do my Titan XD.

I figured I'd ask him the million dollar question, what is the price difference between the 3. He said the CeramicPRO 9h is $225 for 50ml and $1200 for 500ml. (What!!) The cquartz finest was similar. He wouldn't give me his dealer price for the Liquid Armour, understandable

He gave me a sample of the CP, and CQ and I went home and tried them for myself. And holy crap he was right the liquid Armour product is far easier to use and the results in my opinion are better. Ceramic Pro 9h did not yield as shiny a surface and that's why I guess they have to apply the ceramic pro light over the top of it. The cquartz seem to me to be exactly like the ceramic Pro. Both get very sticky very fast and it's hard to get an even Sheen. I guess this is why they recommend having it professionally done.

The liquid armour formulation from what I get is a more advanced new formulation. It spreads out much smoother and it buffs to an incredible glossy finish and makes the paint look so deep. The metallic in my paint is like on steroids. It applied very easily and drys in about 24 hours. I ended up getting the 100ml kit for a hundred bucks and did my wife's car my truck and I'm going to do my boat. The two microfiber towels or very high quality compared to what you get in the stores.

Their website was a little hard to find so here's the link: https://www.liquidarmour.co

I just coated my truck last night so I will post some pictures once I can take it outside later today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170224_205716_1488028544824.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	20282  

Last edited by GapSupply; 02-25-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling errors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Will have to check this out
post #3 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
And then there is me, I went 4 years without washing my previous truck.

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....

post #4 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Hahaha.... the older I get it seems I have less time for it.
AZPRO4X likes this.
post #5 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPRO4X View Post
And then there is me, I went 4 years without washing my previous truck.
I laughed and cringed at the same time!!!
AZPRO4X and Rpeeps like this.
post #6 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 10:36 AM

How much is required to do our trucks...I think this would be excellent for my black. I have a friend that had his Porsche Macan done and I know that stuff is incredible...but he paid about 3k to have it glassed and filmed. I don't have 3k to use for that!
post #7 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So I probably should have mentioned that it took me about 1.5oz to do my truck, including the glass. If you did just your paint you could get by with 30ML size. I did the 100ml because I wanted to do my wife's car my boat and a bunch of stuff in my house, like my shower door and some of my windows.

They were sold out of the aerosol spray so I haven't been able to try that yet.

Last edited by GapSupply; 02-25-2017 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error
post #8 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 10:47 AM

how was the application?...fairly straightforward?
post #9 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Very easy. I polished out the paint before applying it. I used Chemical Guys V36 polish. You want to make sure everything is off the surface and you don't coat over any water spots or smudges because it'll be locked in them.

You wipe the product on evenly so you don't have any dry spots, then about 30 seconds later you wipe it off with the black microfiber towel in the kit followed up by buffing it off with the pink fleece microfiber towel. Done. I did a full panel section at a time.

Once you wipe the panel the Finish will start to set up and cure so you don't want to come back by five minutes later and try to buff it again of you could leave a streak mark. I had this happen on one little spot by the mirror. I came by about 20 minutes after I had finished that area and wiped it a little bit and it left a faint streak. When I checked it this morning the streak was gone. Worst case you could repolish it 7 days later and recoat that spot. You can use an infrared heater to cure the finish in 20 minutes but I don't have one.

The best part is it dries in 24 hours so if you do it on a Friday night and let it sit over the weekend you're good to go.

Last edited by GapSupply; 02-25-2017 at 07:12 PM.
post #10 of 84 Old 02-25-2017, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
At those prices all I can say is nope!
Jtp likes this.

2016 Titan XD SV 4x2 Cummins

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page