Titan XD vs 3/4 ton truck - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 22Likes

post #1 of 48 Old 02-14-2016, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Titan XD vs 3/4 ton truck

I looking for my next truck this year. I am currently driving a Chevrolete 2500HD with an 8.1L gas engine. Before that I had an F150 with the 5.4 gasser. I am definitely looking at a diesel, which is why the Titan XD has interested me. I have read through what I could find on this forum and most of the comparisons I see between 3/4 ton truck and the XD are paper comparisons. I noticed going form the 1/2 ton truck to the 3/4 ton a huge difference in towing, not only in power, but in stability (although there's a definite trade off in smoothness of ride). Is anyone currently driving an XD that previously had a 3/4 ton, or has anyone who currently had a 3/4 ton driven one of these? I was curious if anyone had any thought on the titan XD based on their experiences with a 3/4 ton truck. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 02-15-2016, 12:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
I have a 3/4 ton and have driven an XD.

I can't see any reason to purchase an XD if you're towing anything over about 10k. If you're towing in the 6-8k range, then sure the XD can suffice.

The XD handles and rides no better than my old 2003 Dodge Ram, it has significantly less power than the Dodge (even given the power ratings are near-identical), and if you're comparing the new 3/4 tons to the XD, the XD pales in rated capacity. All for a similar price.

'07 Ram 3500 SRW- 5.9- Goerend- EFILive- WOP triple turbo- Exergy 200%- Carli suspension
post #3 of 48 Old 02-16-2016, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Get an xd and don't worry about it. It'll tow whatever you want it to. You can get a 3/4 truck but you'll be spending extra cash for nothing.

post #4 of 48 Old 02-16-2016, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan tay View Post
Get an xd and don't worry about it. It'll tow whatever you want it to. You can get a 3/4 truck but you'll be spending extra cash for nothing.
That's completely untrue, and a lie.

Your ignorance is becoming more clear with every post....
Frost and 6Scorpian7 like this.

'07 Ram 3500 SRW- 5.9- Goerend- EFILive- WOP triple turbo- Exergy 200%- Carli suspension
post #5 of 48 Old 02-16-2016, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Yikes. Your info couldn't be further from the truth. Do yourself and everyone else a favor, do more research, and less posting.
dj2031 likes this.
post #6 of 48 Old 02-16-2016, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Get a 3/4 ton (ram especially) and still fall short of payload way before you run out of pulling power or save money and get an xd.
post #7 of 48 Old 02-17-2016, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Quote:
Get a 3/4 ton (ram especially) and still fall short of payload way before you run out of pulling power or save money and get an xd.
Modern "3/4 tons" actually fall into about a 3-4000lbs payload range. And it's already a proven fact that you can get the big 3 with incentives for less.
post #8 of 48 Old 02-17-2016, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Let's quit comparing the XD to a 3/4 ton. It's not a 3/4 ton it does not have the specs or performance of a 3/4 ton. It was not intended to be a 3/4 ton or compete in the 3/4 ton market. If you think it is the equivalent of a 3/4 ton have a look at the axle. A 6 lug axle is not a 3/4 ton axle. The XD is a HD 1/2 ton. If you like to over load your 1/2 ton and tow heavy loads near maximum capacity with your 1/2 ton take a look at the Titan XD, it may be enough truck for what you need. If you need more truck save yourself some money and get a 3/4 ton with more power and greater payload capacity. For now I went with more truck, and for the minimal price difference between a 3/4 ton and 1 ton went with the 3500. If my needs change and I need less truck I'll give the XD a serious look. So if you are an XD fan don't compare it to a 3/4 ton. If you need a 3/4 ton quit dumping on the XD and look at the big 3. You'll find what your looking for there. Just my .02 cents
Shee Nut, FJC-4x4, dj2031 and 1 others like this.
post #9 of 48 Old 02-17-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman View Post
let's quit comparing the xd to a 3/4 ton. It's not a 3/4 ton it does not have the specs or performance of a 3/4 ton. It was not intended to be a 3/4 ton or compete in the 3/4 ton market. If you think it is the equivalent of a 3/4 ton have a look at the axle. A 6 lug axle is not a 3/4 ton axle. The xd is a hd 1/2 ton. If you like to over load your 1/2 ton and tow heavy loads near maximum capacity with your 1/2 ton take a look at the titan xd, it may be enough truck for what you need. If you need more truck save yourself some money and get a 3/4 ton with more power and greater payload capacity. For now i went with more truck, and for the minimal price difference between a 3/4 ton and 1 ton went with the 3500. If my needs change and i need less truck i'll give the xd a serious look. So if you are an xd fan don't compare it to a 3/4 ton. If you need a 3/4 ton quit dumping on the xd and look at the big 3. You'll find what your looking for there. Just my .02 cents

^^^^^^this!
dj2031 likes this.
post #10 of 48 Old 02-17-2016, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I think I read that the new 6 lug rims have enlarged studs for a heavier rating than the previous 6 lugs? Anybody have more info on that?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page