Sumo Load lift Springs - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 17 Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sumo Load lift Springs

Was looking at Timbren products and came across this similar item at E-trailer. This set actually looks easier to install. Anyone no anything about this company or product. E-trailer is very good about returns so I may give these a try to keep my XD from squatting so much with my trailer.

2017 White Titan XD Platinum Reserve Diesel 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-16-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Forgot the link...sorry

https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Nissan/Titan+XD/2016/SSR-610-47.html?vehicleid=20164152159[/URL]

post #3 of 17 Old 04-16-2017, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Looks interesting, let us know. We are waiting on issues to be resolved with the Timbren's.

2016 Titan XD SL Gun Metallic 4x4 Diesel

post #4 of 17 Old 04-16-2017, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
Was looking at Timbren products and came across this similar item at E-trailer. This set actually looks easier to install. Anyone no anything about this company or product. E-trailer is very good about returns so I may give these a try to keep my XD from squatting so much with my trailer.
I just saw them on e trailer yesterday when searching for a hitch for the XD. They seem to get good reviews from those that use them.

2016 Titan XD SV 4x2 Cummins
post #5 of 17 Old 04-16-2017, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Never needed a product like this, but if you install these all they do is "balance" out rear end of your truck? I know they don't increase the payload capacity, but if you exceeded the payload, these would make it appear not over loaded or have a rear sag?

Thanks

2016 PRO-4X Diesel
post #6 of 17 Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 AM

I guess you can say they prevent sag on the rear of the vehicle. These Sumo Springs claim to be progressive so the more they compress the firmer they are and may give better ride characteristics then the Timbrens. I had Timbrens on a 1/2 ton and unloaded the truck would bounce on them over bumps the Sumos supposed to be in contact all the time. The Sumos are available in several different firmness levels.

post #7 of 17 Old 04-17-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, I went ahead and ordered a set. I am picking up a 5th wheeler this weekend and it has weight at king pin of 1500# and towed weight of 11K. My present TT has tongue weight of about 900# and total weight of about 9000. The truck squats about two inches with present TT even with weight distribution hitch so I think I will probably need a little re-enforcement to prevent further squatting with the 5th wheeler. I'll let you guys know how these install and how well they work. I was going to get the Timbrens but there is not a specific one for Titan XD right now with out using spacers and there has been some reports of bad wearing one side of them. E-trailer is very good about returns so if they do not work I really won't be out anything and will then have to wait for the Timbren issues to be resolved.
Carolinaxd likes this.

post #8 of 17 Old 04-17-2017, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I have the RC level kit in mine, and even with a wdh my xd would squat a good 2" when hooking up my bumper pull toy hauler.
I ordered the Timbren kit last Friday, as my new fifth wheel will be arriving in 2 weeks. I wish I had seen these Sumos before ordering, BUT Timbren seems to have good customer service and will make things right if needed.
FWIW the Timbren rep I talked to said the part # they've been recommending to others should be ok w/my level kit as well, based upon the measurements I gave them. Sounds like I'll have a bit more gap before the frame hits them, which should actually provide for an even better ride when unloaded...time will tell, and if need be I'll swap over to these Sumos later if your guys rave about them.

2016 XD SL PEARL WHITE
post #9 of 17 Old 04-17-2017, 07:26 PM

I asked E trailer about the height of the Sumo spring and I'm not sure you guys are going to like the answer. At least on my 4x2 SV the distance from the leaf to the frame where they contact is about 8 5/8 in. the Sumo Spring is only 6 in. tall so your truck will drop that 2 5/8 in before you touch the Sumos. Here's the link https://www.etrailer.com/question-217989.html?fb=yes

post #10 of 17 Old 04-17-2017, 09:48 PM
xxx

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
so whats the point ??? .5 inch to contact would be acceptable ... by the time they do any good your probably at a total of 4 inches plus of sag best case ...just a guess .. xxx

XXX

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page