Leveling kit questions/thoughts - Nissan Titan XD Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Leveling kit questions/thoughts

I have been scouring the internet looking for a 1" front spacer for the XD and it looks like it doesn't exist. I have a 4x4 SV that I use for work (its had a trailer behind it for probably half of its 1400 miles so far). I am not a fan of lift blocks on leaf spring setups, so the 2/1 lift doesn't appeal to me.

Can anyone steer me toward a 1" front spacer lift, or a 2/1" setup that doesn't use a block?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I had asked Rough Country about that when I got my 2/1...i got the impression from them that it was in the works. Might reach out to them.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Robinson View Post
I have been scouring the internet looking for a 1" front spacer for the XD and it looks like it doesn't exist. I have a 4x4 SV that I use for work (its had a trailer behind it for probably half of its 1400 miles so far). I am not a fan of lift blocks on leaf spring setups, so the 2/1 lift doesn't appeal to me.

Can anyone steer me toward a 1" front spacer lift, or a 2/1" setup that doesn't use a block?

Thanks in advance!
Daystar has a front spacer for the XD and it does not require rear blocks.

2016 Titan XD SV 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel,Magnetic Black. AFE dry high flow air filter, AgDiesel power module, Pro4x wheels, polished tool box.

post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
This is the one I am thinking about getting
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192082728015...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I just have the 2" Calmini on the front of my Pro4X. I ran that alone and it perfectly levels the frame of the truck. The space in the wheel wells will be different though which can make the truck look slightly front high (very, very slight - hardly noticeable except to obsessive compulsive people like myself..LOL). I tow a medium size toy hauler, so I ended up adding air bags to level the truck while towing. So now I just level it with the bags until I get it to look like I want it to look.

But to my original point, I believe the rake on an SV is a little more than the Pro4x and if you just go with the 2" only front blocks, I believe your truck will be very close to level in the wheel wells yet still have a very slight rake. So with the SV, why not just go with the 2" Calmini block set up only as opposed to a 1" level kit?
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the replies.

I've been looking into leveling my wife's 4Runner as well, and noticed that most people in that community prefer the adjustable ride height Bilstein 5100 shocks to spacers.

It looks like bilstein makes them for the 1st gen Titan as well, so I'm going to contact them and see if they plan to make them for the XD.

With multiple ride heights available and the superior handling of bilstein shocks, this seems like the way to go. It gives back some of the flexibility we used to have with torsion bar front ends (my 2500HD was easy to level).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page