Fumoto Valve - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 20 Old 02-09-2017, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Fumoto Valve

Has anyone checked into getting a Fumoto oil drain valve for the 5.0L? I see nothing on they're website for the XD or ISV Cummins.

2016 Titan XD SV 4x2 Cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-10-2017, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Garage
They will have one for this engine. Your best to take your plug in and get it measured. I'm sure it's the same as the 6.7s and 5.9s but best to get the pitch checked just to make sure
post #3 of 20 Old 02-10-2017, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiles View Post
Has anyone checked into getting a Fumoto oil drain valve for the 5.0L? I see nothing on they're website for the XD or ISV Cummins.
I contacted Fumoto and they said to take the crankcase drain plug to your local hardware store and find a nut that screws on properly. Then, you will have all the info you need to get a valve from their site...IF they have one that size/pitch. If they do not, they would like the info. I conversed with Matthew Benjamin via email at sales@fumotousa.com

Since mine isn't due for an oil change for about 8,000 more miles, lets see who gets this info out first!!!

post #4 of 20 Old 02-10-2017, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm only at 2250 miles total right now but I'll probably change the oil out around 3k. I'll see what I can do about getting sizing on the thread.

2016 Titan XD SV 4x2 Cummins
post #5 of 20 Old 02-10-2017, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Garage
It's going to be a metric thread of some size. A M18 sounds familiar for some reason.
post #6 of 20 Old 02-19-2017, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerndiver View Post
I contacted Fumoto and they said to take the crankcase drain plug to your local hardware store and find a nut that screws on properly. Then, you will have all the info you need to get a valve from their site...IF they have one that size/pitch. If they do not, they would like the info. I conversed with Matthew Benjamin via email at sales@fumotousa.com

Since mine isn't due for an oil change for about 8,000 more miles, lets see who gets this info out first!!!
Well, it looks like it is M14-1.5. Changed my oil today...way early as I only have about 1350 miles, but the truck was built about a year ago now and I like to get the initial break-in oil out of there early. Used Rotella T5 10w-30 but didn't bother with the filter just yet...maybe next time at 5,000 or so. Too lazy to yank the skid plate off today.

Fumoto's SX series where you can rotate the drain hole looks nice as there is another tiny skid plate (plastic...robust thing) sort of under it that it might splash on depending on where the valve ends up...draining straight it was OK. Looks like F106SX M14-1.5 Sx Series Drain Valve is the one--either on Fumoto's site or Amazon.

One observation...M14 is pretty wimpy for a big engine...not much bigger than an M12 on a Toyota v-6. Ha...I guess they save weight where they can Heck, the one on my old 91 Dodge B5.9 weighed three times as much as this wimpy piece. The built in rubber/metal washer is not a 200,000 mile part by any means. OK, I know it is only an oil plug! At least the Fumoto is more robust for the long haul. I''d worry about stripping this dude...another reason to get one and put it on for the long haul.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan Cummins 5.0 Oil Drain Plug #1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	20089   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan Cummins 5.0 Oil Drain Plug #2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	20097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan Cummins 5.0 Oil Drain Location #1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	20098  
post #7 of 20 Old 03-14-2017, 08:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vann5 View Post
Well, it looks like it is M14-1.5. Changed my oil today...way early as I only have about 1350 miles, but the truck was built about a year ago now and I like to get the initial break-in oil out of there early. Used Rotella T5 10w-30 but didn't bother with the filter just yet...maybe next time at 5,000 or so. Too lazy to yank the skid plate off today.

Fumoto's SX series where you can rotate the drain hole looks nice as there is another tiny skid plate (plastic...robust thing) sort of under it that it might splash on depending on where the valve ends up...draining straight it was OK. Looks like F106SX M14-1.5 Sx Series Drain Valve is the one--either on Fumoto's site or Amazon.
Thanks for the info!
I ordered a Fumoto F106N from an Ebay vendor today. Should have it by this time next week. I'm hoping with the info above, that this will be the one to fit!
post #8 of 20 Old 03-15-2017, 08:01 PM

Garage
The valve came in today.... I didn't think i would see it for another few days yet. I'm going to try and put it on this weekend.
rexey likes this.
post #9 of 20 Old 03-16-2017, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Anyone getting the plastic lock clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 20 Old 03-16-2017, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexey View Post
Anyone getting the plastic lock clip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure you need it though I guess it is cheap insurance. Since the valve release lever is notched and spring loaded, you have to hit it with something just right to move it into drain position. And after crawling under there to change it, the bottom of the oil pan is a lot higher than I would have expected. Well above a bunch of other stuff. If something hits that area, man, you've probably got more problems that possibly impacting the valve. The part number Bikerndiver shows is a great choice...has the attached nipple on it so you can attach a hose straight down...easy to drain that way without a mes...plenty of clearance for this!
rexey likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page