AFE power pagkage review - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 4Likes

post #1 of 17 Old 02-21-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
AFE power pagkage review

So after weeks of a parts mixup I finally got to try out my programmer, I bought the kit(intake/programmer) and out of the box the switch wasn't matched to the programmer(shipping mixup) and took awhile to straighten this out, so now everything is commucating and...really no difference in throttle response (huge disappointment) was hoping to get rid of the delay in throttle response but no dice.
As for power, really cant feel any difference in all 4 modes, imop don't waste your money.

2016 XD PR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-21-2017, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avxd View Post
So after weeks of a parts mixup I finally got to try out my programmer, I bought the kit(intake/programmer) and out of the box the switch wasn't matched to the programmer(shipping mixup) and took awhile to straighten this out, so now everything is commucating and...really no difference in throttle response (huge disappointment) was hoping to get rid of the delay in throttle response but no dice.
As for power, really cant feel any difference in all 4 modes, imop don't waste your money.
How long have you been running the scorcher for? My brother had it on his ram eco diesel he said the same thing the throttle response and power was the same no huge improvements, but the major thing he liked about it was it decreased the amount of regens significantly compared to when he didn't have it on. So I'm just curious if the one for the titan has the same effect or not. I know they are two completely different trucks but Im just curious.
post #3 of 17 Old 02-21-2017, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
I was skeptical that a piggy back tuner would make much difference. I dont think any real improvement will be dramatically noticeable unless a full delete is done and some aggressive tuning made directly to the ECM. I am hoping someone will release a delete kit and make a performance tune that will remove the torque management and that alone would be worth the cost of admission. I cant wait to delete my truck, I have terrible fuel economy even after 7000 miles. I still only get 14 mpg and its completely stock.

One thing I have noticed is if I turn off traction control the truck is noticeably more responsive. I am going to find the fuse to the traction control and yank it out.

2016 Platinum Reserve Blue and Gray

post #4 of 17 Old 02-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
I was skeptical that a piggy back tuner would make much difference. I dont think any real improvement will be dramatically noticeable unless a full delete is done and some aggressive tuning made directly to the ECM. I am hoping someone will release a delete kit and make a performance tune that will remove the torque management and that alone would be worth the cost of admission. I cant wait to delete my truck, I have terrible fuel economy even after 7000 miles. I still only get 14 mpg and its completely stock.

One thing I have noticed is if I turn off traction control the truck is noticeably more responsive. I am going to find the fuse to the traction control and yank it out.
pull the ABS fuse, all the "nannies" will be gone. lol among other important things.

2011 Titan Pro4x
post #5 of 17 Old 02-21-2017, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Only for a day so far, was hoping it would do something/anything to help the torque management crap, nope.
do not know about the regens, they don't bother me, I drive mostly freeway miles.
If anything ever comes out to fix this lame torque management- ill be the first in line.

2016 XD PR
post #6 of 17 Old 02-22-2017, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Garage
The afe module is just a pressure box. It doesn't change any of the internal software that is written. Which sucks because this truck needs to get the throttle response altered. As soon as deletes are available or if there is a flash tune for these trucks we won't see any kinda throttle change.

Unless Nissan starts to listen to their customers and changes the sh*tty programming than we will be waiting...
post #7 of 17 Old 03-13-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So after a month of testing I can confirm that I get at least 2 more mpg, I just leave it in the sport mode (yellow) has a little more top end, will find out how good this thing does next month, planning a trip cross country.
mrbrefast likes this.

2016 XD PR
post #8 of 17 Old 03-20-2017, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by avxd View Post
So after a month of testing I can confirm that I get at least 2 more mpg, I just leave it in the sport mode (yellow) has a little more top end, will find out how good this thing does next month, planning a trip cross country.
This is the info I have been waiting for and asked AFE for but they couldn't answer - 2 mpg on average? Do you do more city or highway driving? How gentle are you on the accelerator to get that?

Are you getting regenerations more frequently, or less?

Subscribed with interest!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 Old 03-21-2017, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Count me as another disappointed AFE Scorcher user. Quite a bit of money for something that does so little, if anything at all.
Bikerndiver likes this.
post #10 of 17 Old 04-24-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Garage
Any updates
mrbrefast likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page