What do you think is included in this maintenance package? - Page 2 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
What gets me is for my previous gen Titan, it was $50 or less for just an oil change with multi-point inspection. Dealer quoted $150 for same on the XD (no fuel filters). How does increasing the oil quantity from 5 qts to 10 qts justify a $100 increase? I get that it is a different type of oil (synthetic diesel oil vs conventional) but I know you can get it on the open market for $50-$60, and the filter is less than $10. It's just typical gouging
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 03-04-2017, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Because it's a Cummins and those are stupid expensive to service ya know?
Which is what they want you to believe.

While it does cost more, I don't see how they can justify another $100.
I have 2 years of free service, truck goes in for a 5K mile oil change next week. My wife is taking it in, so we'll just see if they try to oversell her a bunch of crap.

So far, this service department has been fantastic on a few little warranty issues. It may be different when it's my money involved tho.

They used to be horrible, and a couple years ago the owner fired nearly the entire service department and replaced them with some great guys.
post #13 of 19 Old 03-04-2017, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Does everybody agree that it's ok from a warranty standpoint to do the fuel filters yourself? There's an entire section in the owners manual with instructions on how to change them so I would figure that's a pretty good argument that it's intended to be done by the owner. I'll be curious to see how much the dealer will sell the filters for- looks like I can order them online for about 70 bucks though I would love to get them from the dealer in order to use my nissan reward points for them.

2016 Pro 4X
Cumminatya from the Hoosier state home of Cummins Diesel!

post #14 of 19 Old 03-05-2017, 08:21 PM

You can get the filters from Cummins, part numbers are posts on here.
As for changing them yourself.
The state law here in WV is that if the dealer or manufacturer requires you to use them for service, or to use their parts to keep your warranty that these parts are services must be provided at no cost to the customer.

That puts a stop to that stuff in a hurry.
post #15 of 19 Old 03-09-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I took my "maintenance menu" to the dealer and as expected they would not honor it- wanted $200 additional to change the fuel filters. I told them that when a customer is thinking about buying a diesel they pull up the maintenance website to get a feel for the cost of ownership so this feels like a bait a switch and they should really correct their website. I went ahead and got the fuel filters from the dealer so I could use my reward points (they were entirely confused how I had 1,000 points) and 3 hours later they had my oil changed. Silly Nissan dealers. I guess I shouldn't complain since the first oil change was complimentary, they washed my truck, and I'm going to have a hard time using up all my points changing the oil and filters myself from now on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	21249  

2016 Pro 4X
Cumminatya from the Hoosier state home of Cummins Diesel!
post #16 of 19 Old 03-10-2017, 06:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Thats a expensive cabin air filter too, doubt they are using synthetic oil at that price as well
post #17 of 19 Old 03-11-2017, 12:06 PM

My wife took my truck to get the oil changed, 5K miles.
I have 4 free oil changes/tire rotations over 2 years, the sales manager showed me how to set the reminder and said to set it at 5K because I don't drive it a lot and that way I'd still get my free service.

Service dept wouldn't change the oil, insisting that it didn't get changed until 10K miles.
Nor would they rotate the tires.
She explained that I wanted it changed now, but they still refused to do it until 10K.

I'm away for work, when I get home I'll take the truck down and the oil WILL get changed and tires rotated.
She's nicer than I am by far.
Vann5 likes this.
post #18 of 19 Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
My wife took my truck to get the oil changed, 5K miles.
I have 4 free oil changes/tire rotations over 2 years, the sales manager showed me how to set the reminder and said to set it at 5K because I don't drive it a lot and that way I'd still get my free service.

Service dept wouldn't change the oil, insisting that it didn't get changed until 10K miles.
Nor would they rotate the tires.
She explained that I wanted it changed now, but they still refused to do it until 10K.

I'm away for work, when I get home I'll take the truck down and the oil WILL get changed and tires rotated.
She's nicer than I am by far.

Not only that the computer is going to demand the change at 1 year anyway. So whatever ass monkey that is demanding 10k is just slow. Assuming you are a 5k a year or so driver.

Titan XD 4x4 JAVA 5.0
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 19 Old 03-19-2017, 01:20 PM

They just don't want to come off the free oil change.
I have a company truck, my Tundra saw 45K miles in 7 years.

I drive my truck when I'm home, and when I'm toting my bikes somewhere.
I get 4 free oil changes in 2 years, no matter when I want them done.

I'll do the fuel filters myself, because if I get billed $30 for an o ring that comes with the filter you'll see me on the news. In handcuffs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page