What do you think is included in this maintenance package? - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of 19 Old 03-02-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What do you think is included in this maintenance package?

So I scheduled this maintenance package online- as you can seen in my photo there is a bullet point next to "drain and replace fuel filter" leading me to believe that would be included. When I called the service advisor to confirm my appointment he tells me replacing the fuel filters will be around $400. That ain't cool man!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	20610  

2016 Pro 4X
Cumminatya from the Hoosier state home of Cummins Diesel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-02-2017, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fuel Filter replacement shock

I had the same surprise yesterday. My Nissan dealer (only one here) quoted over $500 (Cdn) to replace both oil filters which is about $398 in U.S. dollars at todays terrible rate of exchange. I went to a friends shop, who I trust, and he quoted about $100 less. You might want to shop around if you have that option. They are quoting 2.5 hours labour, about $300, to change them yet when I read the DIY section of the Nissan Diesel Manual the step by step instructions are quite easy and shouldn't take more than an hour.
post #3 of 19 Old 03-02-2017, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
it only take less than 1 hr of my time to get all two done. the parts around $80. good luck. check on youtube if you want to do yourself.

post #4 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah definitely something I'll be learning how to do myself- I'm somewhat mechanical- winterized my boat and camper myself, I've replaced a fuel filter on a gt-40 boat engine, changed lots of oil. This doesn't look that difficult- but I feel like the dealer pulled the old bait and switch with this one.

2016 Pro 4X
post #5 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 06:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Garage
It does look like it should be included. .. did you ask how much extra for the engine oil and filter change?
post #6 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have done mine, instructions are included with each filter in their respective box. 30 minutes and its a done deal.. Its a gravy job!!!
post #7 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
It does look like it should be included. .. did you ask how much extra for the engine oil and filter change?
I go to the dealer next week- I'm going to show them the screen shot and see what they say.

2016 Pro 4X
post #8 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 12:14 PM
xxx

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Correct me if i am wrong but i understand you can prime the fuel system after a filter change by simply pushing the start button without depressing the brake pedal ?? That is a great feature .. Some older diesels even with pre-filling the new filters where a bit difficult to get started and required lots of cranking..i was quoted $400.00 for a oil change and fuel filter change so I am going to do it myself also.. Xxx

XXX

Last edited by xxx; 03-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.
post #9 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Ah, not so fast my friend (in my best Lee Corso voice). They (Nissan) quoted me $495 for my "oil change". When I told them I thought they had the decimal point in the wrong place, they tried to explain to me that it involves "this, and that, and filters, blah, blah, cover plate, blah, blah fuel filters, blah, blah. So I talked to the guy who does my service on all our cars, and he said it'd be about $120 all in with him.

I got 1,000 Service Points from Nissan when I bitched about the 2016 vs. 2017 warranty....

I have my mechanic do the work, and I let Nissan rotate my tires. At $20 for the tire rotations, I figure I'm good for 500 tire rotations with them before I go through the 1,000 Service Points.
Cumminatya likes this.

2016 Titan XD SL Diesel
Metallic Java
Towing 30' Owens & Sons trailer w/24' Bennington Pontoon Boat
post #10 of 19 Old 03-03-2017, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
When I went into my dealer ( cough cough) for the fuel breather tube recall/check , just for fuel filter change came to $422.60. I said your nuts, anyway they broke down each filter,wanted to charge $30.00 dollars for each o-ring over and above filters. Told service advisor O-rings come in the box with filter. They are nuts!! Every truck owner I know can service a vehicle.Havent been back nor will I

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page