Looks like deletes will now be legal again. - Page 2 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11 of 31 Old 03-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vann5 View Post
I think the administration's focus is mostly on CO2 and the mandated rise in MPG...the diesel rules are aimed at particulate emissions (DPF filter) and NOX emissions (SCR and DEF system). And I think they were proposed to be even more stringent by 2025. I don't think you'd see complete elimination of the standards. Plus, they tend to leave existing stuff in place for vehicles already manufactured. So, if the vehicle came with this equipment, you'd still need it on there for states that do diesel emission testing. Trucks 3 years from now?...maybe they wont have DPF/SCR, but I doubt it. The DPF and EGR systems are the killer...I'd be real suprised if the need/mandate for particulate mitigation goes away in reality. Just speculating....
FYI this tag is off a Cummins QSK60 V16 genset install 2 years ago. No DPF/SCR here.
Sorry wrong quote
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3190.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	20762  

2016 Titan XD SV 4x2 Cummins

Last edited by Demiles; 03-07-2017 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Wrong quote
Demiles is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 12:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I want to delete and tune NOW !
Where ?
PM me with any info that can help.
Thanks
Rocketdog22 is offline  
post #13 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 704
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketdog22 View Post
I want to delete and tune NOW !
Where ?
PM me with any info that can help.
Thanks
try google.

2011 Titan Pro4x
honda250xtitan is online now  
 
post #14 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Sellitwv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketdog22 View Post
I want to delete and tune NOW !
Where ?
PM me with any info that8 can help.
Thanks
I take it you bought your titan?
Sellitwv is offline  
post #15 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellitwv View Post
I take it you bought your titan?

I did !
Rocketdog22 is offline  
post #16 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
try google.
I was hoping to find a place somebody used here in the past. Maybe a supporting vendor?
New to the diesel stuff. I have a couple of calls into a few places. Being the weekend, I'm hoping to hear back from a few of them Monday. I'm especially excited to talk to a place in WV that I've seen recommended here.
The tune part of it seems like it might be the hard part to find right now. Agree?
Rocketdog22 is offline  
post #17 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketdog22 View Post
I was hoping to find a place somebody used here in the past. Maybe a supporting vendor?
New to the diesel stuff. I have a couple of calls into a few places. Being the weekend, I'm hoping to hear back from a few of them Monday. I'm especially excited to talk to a place in WV that I've seen recommended here.
The tune part of it seems like it might be the hard part to find right now. Agree?
Yea no one really has a tune out yet that doesn't involve a bunch of engine upgrades. I know some big name tuning companies that I have emailed all told me the Titan XD isn't selling enough right now to where they think they could recoup the money to make the tune.
Woody08 is offline  
post #18 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody08 View Post
Yea no one really has a tune out yet that doesn't involve a bunch of engine upgrades. I know some big name tuning companies that I have emailed all told me the Titan XD isn't selling enough right now to where they think they could recoup the money to make the tune.
I've been hearing a lot of this since starting to look into getting stuff done. Not only tunes, aftermarket accessories too.

It's a great truck. I'm sure, in time, things will start coming to the market.
Rocketdog22 is offline  
post #19 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 704
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketdog22 View Post
I was hoping to find a place somebody used here in the past. Maybe a supporting vendor?
New to the diesel stuff. I have a couple of calls into a few places. Being the weekend, I'm hoping to hear back from a few of them Monday. I'm especially excited to talk to a place in WV that I've seen recommended here.
The tune part of it seems like it might be the hard part to find right now. Agree?
unfortunately vendors are few and far between on here. i heard from a vendor on another forum they tried to get vendor status on here but prices were ridiculous. Haven't seen a member on here do a delete/tune yet.

2011 Titan Pro4x
honda250xtitan is online now  
post #20 of 31 Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketdog22 View Post
I've been hearing a lot of this since starting to look into getting stuff done. Not only tunes, aftermarket accessories too.

It's a great truck. I'm sure, in time, things will start coming to the market.
Yea I think now that the 2017's and stuff are out where there is a lot more options now such as single cabs and stuff will help, and we should hopefully see an increase in sales.
Woody08 is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome