19Likes

post #21 of 31 Old 03-13-2017, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan View Post
unfortunately vendors are few and far between on here. i heard from a vendor on another forum they tried to get vendor status on here but prices were ridiculous. Haven't seen a member on here do a delete/tune yet.
I've been itching to do a delete, but every company I contact say there is nothing out yet for a Titan XD.... As soon as there is one, I'm buying it and getting it done! There are places that will delete all the DEF/DPF stuff, but then you have all kinds of engine codes.... The sooner a vendor comes out with a solid kit the better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 Old 03-14-2017, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
look up calibrated addiction on the facebook group. they do tunes and deletes.
realbored and dragon4x4 like this.
post #23 of 31 Old 03-14-2017, 07:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd96 View Post
look up calibrated addiction on the facebook group. they do tunes and deletes.
Thanks for the info. I sent them an email. I'll let you know what they say.

post #24 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Ppei will also do it. Got quoted about 3k to get it done. They do it the same way they tune a big rig. That's all they have to offer right now. But ppei is also a very reputable company. Some may find it worth it. I'll wait for the market to get more familiar with it and have more tunning options available. Might take a while, but worth the wait

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #25 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I think the best bet is waiting for support on OBD II flash support capability. Benchflashing is great but switch on the fly... Even better
dragon4x4 likes this.
post #26 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I don't get any of this. Yeah, DEF is another chore, yeah, regens are fuel inefficient and aromatic. But I am old enough to remember the sky routinely being brown -- over Miami! When I started flying in the service, late 70's, you knew you were approaching South Florida because the visibility would drop in the grey/brown goo layer.

Los Angeles - soup. The whole Northeast, from Baltimore to Boston just a sea of crappy air.

Nowadays, unless you get some weird temperature inversion, the sky is actually blue. Imagine that.

Me, I'll buy the **** fluid and maintain my truck. No desire to leave this world crappier than I entered it.
post #27 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 05:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstreamer View Post
I don't get any of this. Yeah, DEF is another chore, yeah, regens are fuel inefficient and aromatic. But I am old enough to remember the sky routinely being brown -- over Miami! When I started flying in the service, late 70's, you knew you were approaching South Florida because the visibility would drop in the grey/brown goo layer.

Los Angeles - soup. The whole Northeast, from Baltimore to Boston just a sea of crappy air.

Nowadays, unless you get some weird temperature inversion, the sky is actually blue. Imagine that.

Me, I'll buy the **** fluid and maintain my truck. No desire to leave this world crappier than I entered it.
You may sing a different tune when that nasty "Def System Failure" warning comes on and you are far from a dealer.... If all I was worried about was the DEF fluid, I wouldn't bother to delete either. However, the reality is that the dependability of the vehicle is greatly diminished with this DEF system. I hope you never have to see what I mean, but I would bet you will.
dragon4x4 likes this.
post #28 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Garage
Biker is right Airstreamer.

I would rather leave this world a better place too, I'm with you on that one for sure. But at the cost of complete inconvenience and the lack of for a better word technology we are all stuck with these stupid emission designs and controls. If the EPA and all the government bodies gave the industry more than 8 years prior to 2008 to figure out diesel emissions, I would bet my left nut that we would be miles ahead of where we are now. Manufactures spent a boat load of money trying to make "something work" on the last minute. Well 8 years later we still have this same crap technology that really doesn't work. Were still in this crap hole because the manufactures are still trying to recoup their initial costs. We still have Brutal fuel economy, Brutal reliability, Brutal pricing on new trucks as everything is passes off to the end buyer, and the biggest issue is that anyone that has any kind of warranty problems with emissions we the end buyer 80% of the time have to fight tooth and nail to get anything covered because the costs are so **** high.

Example my friends Ford went into the shop for a plugged DPF at 65,000km (MY-2011 truck was 2 years old at the time of this problem) the truck was derated wont let it go above 40km. Ford tells him he needs a new DPF as the currant one has failed. So hes like ok put it on, I got warranty anyways to 160,000KM. Ford says Nope, sorry sir you have too many Idle Hours to Driving Hours on your truck and it looks like you have been off road so its not covered. Buddy is a mobile Welder on a pipeline. Long story short my friends 2011 Ford was Deleted at 65,010KM.

This is why a lot of trucks end up getting deleted and why a lot of people just say f*ck it, Its a ticking bomb it will fail its just a mater of time delete it now so i don't have to bother with it later.

Just wait untill your EGR has to get cleaned up and your stuck with a $1500-2000 bill. I think you will be asking around who does deletes pretty quick at that point.
Bikerndiver and Jtp like this.

Mine: 16 Titan XD Pro4X Lux
13 Arctic Cat M800 153 Ltd
14 Triumph Street Triple 675

Hers: 15 Lexus RX350
13 Arctic Cat XF800 141 HC-Ltd
15 Triumph Street Tripe 675
post #29 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerndiver View Post
You may sing a different tune when that nasty "Def System Failure" warning comes on and you are far from a dealer.... If all I was worried about was the DEF fluid, I wouldn't bother to delete either. However, the reality is that the dependability of the vehicle is greatly diminished with this DEF system. I hope you never have to see what I mean, but I would bet you will.
That "def error" should be figured out where a simple fix will take care of it. My dealer just drained the fluid and put new stuff in. Problem solved. He tested the def fluid and the urea ( sp ) was above allowed %. That caused the def error on my truck
post #30 of 31 Old 03-16-2017, 07:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFol310 View Post
That "def error" should be figured out where a simple fix will take care of it. My dealer just drained the fluid and put new stuff in. Problem solved. He tested the def fluid and the urea ( sp ) was above allowed %. That caused the def error on my truck
It was a simple fix THAT time.... The next time it may not be so simple. Also, it doesn't matter how simple the fix is, it's the stress and inconvenience of having to either make it to the dealer before you run out of miles or get towed in because you did run out of miles.
I'm going to do the delete very, very shortly. I'll be sorry about the extra carbon footprint, but I will have a much less stressful driving experience with my truck.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page