23Likes

post #1 of 59 Old 03-26-2017, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Txs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post Green Diesel Engineering

While searching for a new truck (about this time last year), I was destined to purchase a Ram Eco-diesel. I factory ordered one, and while waiting, joined the other forums looking for insight. One of the largest and most popular upgrades for the Eco-diesel line was to have your ECM programmed by GDE.

For those of you who don't know, please take a look at their website.

http://www.greendieselengineering.co...oDiesel.action

They don't claim their tune to make the most power, that's first and foremost.

What they do however, is make the engine better. How? How about turning off the EGR almost completely. Reducing DPF usage, general drivability improvements, and of course, increased power and mileage. Their tunes made the 3.0 Eco-diesel come to life, decreased dead spots in the throttles, helped to eliminate EGR from clogging up, made more power and achieved even better mileage, all while retaining all the stock factory equipment in its place. For those of us concerned with warranty and not wanting to remove these parts just yet (or at all), these guys had the answer. Their claim was for those that had to undergo emission tests regularly, the tune would still allow them to pass, remaining undetected. However, as this is a tune, it does indeed void warranties. Some got crafty, ordered a second ECM to have the tune uploaded too, and when they required service, swapped out the ECM for the stock factory, and no one was none the wiser. They received rave reviews, not just from the Eco-diesel crowd, but those with Mercedes's, VW's, Jeeps, etc.

What does this mean for us? Right now, nothing. Last time I wrote them an email, they admitted to receiving more and more inquiring's for the 5.0 Cummins, but had not yet made a decision to invest into the R+D. For myself, who have no interest in ripping parts off a new truck until the warranty expires, this is something I would certainly spring for if it were available.

I'm not certain what level of interest is out there similar to mine, but if you have any, feel free to write them an email, badger them, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to get something, eventually.
MTXDPro4x likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
I totally agree with you on this. I have called them a couple of times wanting them to invest in our 5.0. They also do a offroad tune that you can delete everything. I almost bought a Eco-diesel just to use there tunes.
post #3 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
After researching green diesel they seem to have a great rep. I read all the info about the evo diesel they done and it's pretty amazing at how much cleaner the truck ran after their tune.

Everyone email them and show some interest so they will start on our trucks.

Pic of difference in the eco diesel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-03-27-00-09-24.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	22106  

post #4 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I too have little interest in voiding my warranty by doing a full delete on my truck especially given a new truck and unforseen issues or problems that may arise from a new model.

Green Diesel Engineering produces a quality product/tune, that does make the vehicle come to life, defeats the egr, and remaps the vehicle for improved performance. They have considerable diesel experience in the automotive manufacturing world. Having spent almost 2 years on one of the Eco Diesel forums I can attest to the companies stellar reputation and willingness to go above and beyond to help customers out even when the problem had nothing to do with them or their tune. As TXS alluded to its virtually undectable and can't be detected at the dealership level. A few members had issues with motor or engine oil coolers unrelated to tune, but rather the truck itself and received warranty work while running the tuned ECM. The tune is also currently undectable by smog equipment testing. It would be great to see them offer a tune for the Titan XD. I would be on board if they were to offer a tune.

16 Titan XD Cummins Diesel Pro4x
Access Cover, Husky Weather Beater Mats
1950 Ford F1 Truck
2013 HD Super Glide Custom
post #5 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txs View Post
While searching for a new truck (about this time last year), I was destined to purchase a Ram Eco-diesel. I factory ordered one, and while waiting, joined the other forums looking for insight. One of the largest and most popular upgrades for the Eco-diesel line was to have your ECM programmed by GDE.

For those of you who don't know, please take a look at their website.

http://www.greendieselengineering.co...oDiesel.action

They don't claim their tune to make the most power, that's first and foremost.

What they do however, is make the engine better. How? How about turning off the EGR almost completely. Reducing DPF usage, general drivability improvements, and of course, increased power and mileage. Their tunes made the 3.0 Eco-diesel come to life, decreased dead spots in the throttles, helped to eliminate EGR from clogging up, made more power and achieved even better mileage, all while retaining all the stock factory equipment in its place. For those of us concerned with warranty and not wanting to remove these parts just yet (or at all), these guys had the answer. Their claim was for those that had to undergo emission tests regularly, the tune would still allow them to pass, remaining undetected. However, as this is a tune, it does indeed void warranties. Some got crafty, ordered a second ECM to have the tune uploaded too, and when they required service, swapped out the ECM for the stock factory, and no one was none the wiser. They received rave reviews, not just from the Eco-diesel crowd, but those with Mercedes's, VW's, Jeeps, etc.

What does this mean for us? Right now, nothing. Last time I wrote them an email, they admitted to receiving more and more inquiring's for the 5.0 Cummins, but had not yet made a decision to invest into the R+D. For myself, who have no interest in ripping parts off a new truck until the warranty expires, this is something I would certainly spring for if it were available.

I'm not certain what level of interest is out there similar to mine, but if you have any, feel free to write them an email, badger them, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to get something, eventually.
My brother has a ram eco diesel and he sent his ECU into them and he loves how his truck runs now. He wasn't looking for huge numbers he only wanted a tune to remove the dpf and turn off the def and egr without any codes. He actually got his truck inspected with the tune and it passed with flying colors. After seeing how his truck performs now and driving it for myself I really hope they decide to come out with a tune. Green Diesel is a great company and knows what they are doing.
post #6 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Sent them an email showing interest. It would be awesome to have this tune and be able to pass emissions and inspection etc.

2016 Titan XD SL Diesel
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 12:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage
I sent them an email too.... They responded with a not yet kind of answer.... Non-committal....

A gun is like a parachute...if you need one, and don't have one...You'll never need one again.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
Txs

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Keep up the pressure. They quote low sales figures as evidence enough not to invest into the R+D due to lack of ROI. I'm certain though if we keep bringing it up, maybe they'll have a change of heart.
post #9 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txs View Post
Keep up the pressure. They quote low sales figures as evidence enough not to invest into the R+D due to lack of ROI. I'm certain though if we keep bringing it up, maybe they'll have a change of heart.
I emailed them about a week ago right after my brother deleted and tuned his eco diesel and they told me the sales are to low and they need to pick up before they think about it. But now that the 2017's are out and they have more options than just fully loaded like they did for the 2016's we should see more sales. And also if everyone emails them none stop they might finally do it.
post #10 of 59 Old 03-27-2017, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Garage
Email sent

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page