2Likes
  • 2 Post By pandawest

post #1 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 02:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Icon Stage 1, 20" wheels & tires, more to come

Recently started modifying without much info available so I want to post to help others looking to do the same.

- Icon stage 1 lift
- 20x9" rims, +12 offset
- 295 60 20 Toyo ATII Xtreme

The Icon lift is really good, high quality stuff. As advertised it rides better than stock, rear shocks are stiff but that is good. 3" lift in front, might bring it down a touch but it should settle a little as well. Rear block Icon supplies is not as strong as I like so we are making our own. All in all I like their stuff, but Stage 2 etc... not worth it for me, I spend more time on road than off.

Deciding on a tire size took the most time. 295 60 is 33.9. tall, 11.8 wide with these Toyos. I would have preferred more height with this width. The aggressive tread adds to the wide look. The 295 65 is 35.1 tall, I think it would have fit but you read everywhere 33/34 is max. I prefer taller tires than fat and short which ruled out other sizes.

Some trimming was needed inside rear, quite some trimming of plastic and some metal. More is needed since it still rubs a little (very little) when entering driveways turning. No biggie. Also removed front splash guards.

Tires stick out past stock fenders +/-1.5 inch on front, +/-2" on rear with this tire size and offset. Not what I wanted at all. Wanted to keep stock fender flairs but may add new fender flairs painted to match. Not a fan of the pocket style but seems to be only thing available for XD's.

Looking into an intake. Only for extra intake or turbo whine noise. Not expecting any power but any extra throttle response would be appreciated...

Already changed fog/driving lights to LED so they match the headlight color, looks good now, easy change. Will be adding the rear tail/signal LED's, I have them but they need a load resistor soldered in otherwise they rapid flash.

Will do airbags in rear but yet to find the kit I like. Might be a custom job to get what I want.

I'll try to attach a pic.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titan2.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	19930  
595 and 17106 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Really nice looking truck! The icon suspension really seems to be great quality. I saw their booth at SEMA, it was very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Garage
You have a clean looking truck. Icon makes a quality suspension...I had it on my previous truck and may put it on the XD as well.

2016 Nissan Titan XD Pro4X Cummins - Blk/Gry - RC 2/1 level, 295/70R18 Cooper STT Pro
2013 Porsche Cayenne diesel - Meteor Grey Metallic
2008 Lexus IS F - Smokey Granite Mica - highly modified

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandawest View Post
Recently started modifying without much info available so I want to post to help others looking to do the same.

- Icon stage 1 lift

- 20x9" rims, +12 offset

The Icon lift is really good, high quality stuff. As advertised it rides better than stock, rear shocks are stiff but that is good. 3" lift in front, might bring it down a touch but it should settle a little as well. Rear block Icon supplies is not as strong as I like so we are making our own. All in all I like their stuff, but Stage 2 etc... not worth it for me, I spend more time on road than off.

Deciding on a tire size took the most time. 295 60 is 33.9. tall, 11.8 wide with these Toyos. I would have preferred more height with this width. The aggressive tread adds to the wide look. The 295 65 is 35.1 tall, I think it would have fit but you read everywhere 33/34 is max. I prefer taller tires than fat and short which ruled out other sizes.

Some trimming was needed inside rear, quite some trimming of plastic and some metal. More is needed since it still rubs a little (very little) when entering driveways turning. No biggie. Also removed front splash guards.

Tires stick out past stock fenders +/-1.5 inch on front, +/-2" on rear with this tire size and offset. Not what I wanted at all. Wanted to keep stock fender flairs but may add new fender flairs painted to match. Not a fan of the pocket style but seems to be only thing available for XD's.

Looking into an intake. Only for extra intake or turbo whine noise. Not expecting any power but any extra throttle response would be appreciated...

Already changed fog/driving lights to LED so they match the headlight color, looks good now, easy change. Will be adding the rear tail/signal LED's, I have them but they need a load resistor soldered in otherwise they rapid flash.

Will do airbags in rear but yet to find the kit I like. Might be a custom job to get what I want.

Thanks

Do you have a link to the fogs?

post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=christianpro4x;303906]Do you have a link to the fogs?

It won't allow me to post a link because I haven't posted enough (annoying) but I got them on Amazon, they are Putco 250011W Optic 360 H11 High Power LED Fog Lamp Bulb,Pack of 2.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
[quote=pandawest;304025]
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianpro4x View Post
Do you have a link to the fogs?

It won't allow me to post a link because I haven't posted enough (annoying) but I got them on Amazon, they are Putco 250011W Optic 360 H11 High Power LED Fog Lamp Bulb,Pack of 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1502.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	19938

This look about rite?

post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
[quote=christianpro4x;304049]
Quote:

Attachment 19938

This look about rite?

Yep, that is them. I think some other brands could be brighter, but the color of these matches the headlights perfectly.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-18-2017, 02:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

- Icon stage 1 lift
- 20x9" rims, +12 offset

Thanks

Trimming! Blah thats what i'm not wanting to do. Looking at 20inch toyo tires

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page