4Likes

post #1 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation 4WD Error Warning Message

Thread is intended to be informational to other owners. I have a issue with my Titan XD that started on 12/27. After driving in 2wd for a few mins to as long as 15 mins, a 4WD error warning message will pop up on the display. When this happens the ABS, Traction Control and ATP lights will come on as well. While the truck is in this state, I have no control over going in and out of 4hi or 4lo so truck is basically stuck in 2wd mode. Truck was at the dealer recently from 12/30-1/2, during this time, the dealer installed a software update and performed a hard reset of the 4WD system which was recommend by Nissan. Service Manager stated that if it continues contact him and he will document each insistence of it happening. On 1/4 the error returned, I talked to the service manager and he is getting with his diesel tech and Nissan this morning to research the problem some more and will get back to me this afternoon. The codes the dealer pulled are: P2509-00 (ECM/PCM power input signal), C1118 (4wd system), P182A (HI-LO Position Sen), 47 (axle/differential) Anyone else having this problem and What was done to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4wd error.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	16889  

2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 - Stock for now
Join us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe to my YouTube
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for Titan XD Videos

Last edited by JB'sTitanXD; 01-04-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added Codes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
This is being discussed in a few other threads .
Cool aviator, btw

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....
post #3 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPRO4X View Post
This is being discussed in a few other threads .
Cool aviator, btw
yea, read thru one of the long threads on it. the guy was getting a new transfer case installed if i remember correctly. I had my service manager read thru it and he doesn't think that is the problem with mine. Added the codes to my first post

Join us at

Subscribe to my YouTube
for Titan XD Videos

post #4 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My 2017 just tripped a 4WD error code over Xmas break.

Took it in on monday and was told it was a faulty ABS. Nissan has approved replacement but I have not received word yet when the part will come in ???? Service manager told me this cost is $3,000

Vehicle has @ 3,800 miles on it. I purchased it @ 11/30/16.
post #5 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I sent my service manager some links to threads on here, where the end result was the transfer case being replaced. Waiting for a response from him. I am pretty sure that my truck is going to need a transfer case and drive shaft bolts.

Join us at

Subscribe to my YouTube
for Titan XD Videos
post #6 of 36 Old 01-04-2017, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sTitanXD View Post
I sent my service manager some links to threads on here, where the end result was the transfer case being replaced. Waiting for a response from him. I am pretty sure that my truck is going to need a transfer case and drive shaft bolts.
Yep I needed a transfer case and have had no problem since. Glad you let them know about the bolts! Good luck!
JB'sTitanXD likes this.

Last edited by Sellitwv; 01-04-2017 at 12:26 PM.
post #7 of 36 Old 01-05-2017, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Just got word today the transfer case needs replaced. NissanUSA approved it, Service Manager said the early builds have been getting a newer transfer case. I asked what the difference is and he wasn't sure. Should get a ETA when the new transfer case will arrive tomorrow. Dealer has provided me a Titan XD cummins pro4x until work is completed, which i have had a few times. Will post another update tomorrow, hopefully this thread provides help to other owners with the fault codes.

Join us at

Subscribe to my YouTube
for Titan XD Videos
post #8 of 36 Old 01-06-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Expected arrival of new transfer case is 1/13

Join us at

Subscribe to my YouTube
for Titan XD Videos
post #9 of 36 Old 01-07-2017, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
WOW... I have had this issue since Dec 27th. I have been calling my Nissan Service dealer everyday for 1 week. I finally was able to connect with Nissan head office today to elevate the complaint. I STILL DO NOT HAVE A DATE TO REPLACE MY TRANSFER CASE, as they cannot locate one. I am pissed. Been stuck 3 times now. Yesterday watched mini vans drive around me while I was stuck in the snow.
post #10 of 36 Old 01-07-2017, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Is there a way to duplicate this? I dont have the need for 4 wheel drive at the moment and should i put it it 4x4 more often to dupicate or what?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page