post #11 of 14 Old 01-09-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby View Post
I'm looking at that too. Their install instructions say you need to flip the bed rails upside down - but if you do, I'm not sure the Titan Boxes will still fit.
I think some folks trimmed the bed rails rather than flipping them. How did you install it and keep the rails and boxes?

Yeah, you can't flip the rails with the Titan boxes. They won't close. I started trimming my rails to fit with the clamps but also discovered the Utilitrack rails hit the Bak rails just enuf to where I can't line up the bolts on the Utilitrak to put them back on. My option now is to leave them off or widen my holes enuf to give them enuf play to fit. For now they're off. I'm the type of guy that hates to waste a feature that came on my truck so wanted to put the rails back on, but honestly, I've owned trucks for 20 years and never once have I run into an issue tying something down, that includes when I owned a 2012 Titan and not once did I use the Utilitrack.

Finally, I did not look real closely but with any bed cover where you add a rail for sliding, folding, or rolling the bed cover, I'm not sure how useful the Utilitrack will be if you're tying some down with significant height. You can't have a strap with any kind of tension up against the cover rail or you'll just pull the cover rail right off the bed. May not be many tie down applications where that would be an issue, but it's what I'm telling myself to ease the anxiety of my Utilitracks sitting in storage right now.

2016 Diesel Titan XD PR 4x4 - Java, bone stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Titan XD PR 4x4, bone stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstang1988 View Post
I'm in RR as well. How do you like the Bak Revolver 2? How water tight is it?

Well, seeing as how I just put it on last night it's been rock solid as far as water right!

I don't think it's going to be completely impervious to the elements but in seeing how it's made and seals I expect it'll do pretty well. My guess is a little water will enter at the tailgate area if wind and rain are coming at the right direction but will be minimal.

post #13 of 14 Old 01-09-2017, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slurpee3 View Post
Well, seeing as how I just put it on last night it's been rock solid as far as water right!

I don't think it's going to be completely impervious to the elements but in seeing how it's made and seals I expect it'll do pretty well. My guess is a little water will enter at the tailgate area if wind and rain are coming at the right direction but will be minimal.

Were you able to keep the utilitrack?

post #14 of 14 Old 01-09-2017, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstang1988 View Post
Were you able to keep the utilitrack?

See about 2-3 posts above. You could keep the tracks if you want to work hard enuf. Not sure I want to make that effort.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page