Woody08 Titan Build - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of 32 Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Woody08 Titan Build

Well I have decided to start this thread now that parts have started being order for my truck. I am not going to be listing everything that I am doing cause I don't want to spoil anything. As each part/parts come in I will post pictures so you will be able to see what I am doing then(some of the first parts should be arriving by the end of this week). Everything is going to be exterior changes. I have no plans to touch the suspension or rims/tires. I will eventually do it, but right now I am waiting for a better suspension to be released.

This will be kind of a long process because some of the parts will take 2-3 weeks to arrive and they need to be painted. Some parts I don't trust myself doing so I will put on what I can, everything else will be painted and put on by my body guy. He is the only person I have ever let work on my car when it comes to body work. Currently the only things I have done are put the stubby antenna on, tint my windows and windshield, and put a bed toolbox in. I will post pictures tomorrow when its light out so you guys can see what it looks like now so you can see the difference when everything is complete. The one picture I am posting is the first day I got the truck and nothing was done to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2568.jpg (336.9 KB, 278 views)

Last edited by Woody08; 03-22-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Some of my first parts have arrived today! I am still waiting on the front door handles but those will be in next week. I may attempt to put the mirror covers and back door handles on this weekend. Depends on if I want to drive around with some black door handles and some chrome ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 4.19.30 PM.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	22009  
post #3 of 32 Old 03-29-2017, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Waiting for the specific thing you mentioned lol

2016 Titan XD SL Diesel
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 32 Old 03-29-2017, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccochran79 View Post
Waiting for the specific thing you mentioned lol
I still have 1 1/2 -2 1/2 weeks before it arrives, its gonna be the longest 2 weeks too cause I should have all my other parts next week, and that will be the only thing I will be waiting for. I also can't send everything off to get painted yet til that arrives either which also sucks.
post #5 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody08 View Post
Some of my first parts have arrived today! I am still waiting on the front door handles but those will be in next week. I may attempt to put the mirror covers and back door handles on this weekend. Depends on if I want to drive around with some black door handles and some chrome ones.
I'm updating those parts as well, but haven't studied the handles closely yet. Do we need to take the door panels off to access, or will they be an easy/quick upgrade?

The mirror covers will be easy, as I found out the hard way...the first time I slid out my driver side for towing the cover popped off into my hands! lol

2016 XD SL PEARL WHITE

Last edited by 595; 03-30-2017 at 09:07 AM.
post #6 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
I always like build threads, so I'll be following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rpeeps likes this.

2016 PRO-4X
post #7 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 595 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody08 View Post
I'm updating those parts as well, but haven't studied the handles closely yet. Do we need to take the door panels off to access, or will they be an easy/quick upgrade?

The mirror covers will be easy, as I found out the hard way...the first time I slid out my driver side for towing the cover popped off into my hands! lol
I haven't put them on yet because I'm still waiting for the front handles and didn't want to drive around with some chrome and some black handles. The back ones should just pop off and be easy to install. I'm not sure about the front. I think we may have to for the front only because of the keyless entry, so we may have to disconnect first. When my front handles come in I will let you know.
post #8 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Okay my front handles came in today, and unfortunately you will have to remove the door panels on the front so you can disconnect and reconnect the new handles for keyless entry. I even asked the tech guy at my Nissan when I picked them up and he said the back ones are easy you just have to remove the bolt from the door(just don't drop it inside of the door when trying to remove it or you will be taking that door panel off as well), but for the front they need to come off. So for that reason I may decide not to do it myself since I tend to break things and I can already see things not ending well for me doing it myself .

You said your mirror covers just popped off? Cause I was examining mine the other day trying to put the black ones on and it looked like you need to push some clips from the inside and you don't have a lot of room to play with either. I attempted to just try and pry it off but it wasn't budging and I feared I would break the entire mirror so I stopped. For all this stuff I will probably just wait for my mechanic to do it, which sucks because I have all these parts that I just stare at all day wishing I could have them on but I can't lol. Here are picture of the front handles and the wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 8.24.19 PM.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	22306   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3045.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	284.8 KB
ID:	22314  
post #9 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
That's a bummer about the front handles...

I'll take a peak at my cover in the next few days and see where it attaches.

2016 XD SL PEARL WHITE
post #10 of 32 Old 03-30-2017, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
That's a bummer about the front handles...

I'll take a peak at my cover in the next few days and see where it attaches.
Yea I know I was really hoping the connector was gonna be right by the handle when you take it off so you wouldn't have to take the door panel off but oh well. And sounds good thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page