Security systems - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
TX-Cpl-319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Security systems

So one of our investigators emailed out a bulletin stating there are a large number of diesel trucks being stolen here in Texas. 99% of these trucks are Ford super duties. Their being used for human trafficking mainly and these people are getting really crafty with the LPs and registration stickers.

My question to everyone here is, what are y’all running for a security system? My truck does not fit in my garage so it stays out.

I know if someone wants it bad enough they will get it and they had better hope I don’t make it outside before they depart! If your utilizing an alarm, are you still using your remote start from the factory? Any info on this would be most appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX-Cpl-319 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 02:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Treecowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Cpl-319 View Post
So one of our investigators emailed out a bulletin stating there are a large number of diesel trucks being stolen here in Texas. 99% of these trucks are Ford super duties. Their being used for human trafficking mainly and these people are getting really crafty with the LPs and registration stickers.

My question to everyone here is, what are y’all running for a security system? My truck does not fit in my garage so it stays out.

I know if someone wants it bad enough they will get it and they had better hope I don’t make it outside before they depart! If your utilizing an alarm, are you still using your remote start from the factory? Any info on this would be most appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year model fords?
The 2017-current with key fobs?!?
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.
Treecowboy is online now  
post #3 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Cpl-319 View Post
So one of our investigators emailed out a bulletin stating there are a large number of diesel trucks being stolen here in Texas. 99% of these trucks are Ford super duties. Their being used for human trafficking mainly and these people are getting really crafty with the LPs and registration stickers.

My question to everyone here is, what are y’all running for a security system? My truck does not fit in my garage so it stays out.

I know if someone wants it bad enough they will get it and they had better hope I don’t make it outside before they depart! If your utilizing an alarm, are you still using your remote start from the factory? Any info on this would be most appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would interested on following up on this bulletin. Can you provide the source for the statistics and the areas/locations/jurisdictions these thefts are occurring in?

It would be helpful to know the true numbers and types of thefts which would then give us a valid set of parameters that need to be guarded against.



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.
RoadLessTraveled is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Member
 
spewitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I use Ring products. I know they're at my house before they get out of their vehicle.

Stay frosty
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.
spewitt is online now  
post #5 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
franktafl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,053
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Garage
I use a PELCO Digital Sentry with 14 cameras... the truck also has an alarm and the key fob system.
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
franktafl is online now  
post #6 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,965
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
They'd probably bring it back or it would be found in a dealers service lot.
Loan gap & insurance is all that's needed these days .
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.

2016 Black XD Pro4x.....
AZPRO4X is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
TX-Cpl-319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
What year model fords?
The 2017-current with key fobs?!?


Newer models with key fobs found on the person. Thieves are also catching the signal off of fobs in your house and using that to open the vehicle and take them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX-Cpl-319 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
TX-Cpl-319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadLessTraveled View Post
I would interested on following up on this bulletin. Can you provide the source for the statistics and the areas/locations/jurisdictions these thefts are occurring in?

It would be helpful to know the true numbers and types of thefts which would then give us a valid set of parameters that need to be guarded against.



Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk


Please forgive me for I can’t give that information. Just know that it is happening. I will say this, it’s mainly out of San Antonio that the trucks are being taken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TX-Cpl-319 is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 04-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Member
 
franktafl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,053
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Garage
if you are worried about it, use this;;;

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/fe...ehicle-locator
TX-Cpl-319 likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
franktafl is online now  
post #10 of 12 Old 04-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
If it's that big of a deal... Get a battery disconnect. They will not steal your truck. However, every time you want to use the truck you will have extra steps.
https://m.harborfreight.com/battery-...not%20provided


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rexey is online now  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome