1Likes
  • 1 Post By Scotch n Water

post #1 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Looking for a High Quality lockable hitch pin

First off I am not to enamored with the low grade steel they decided to equip a bad boy tow vehicle with my pin holes are ovaled quite a bit on my receiver
I have always just bought a mid grade Fulton lockable on my EL Expidition it was ok with a rock solid receiver but found with the Titan a sleeved pin set up seems to balance the force of the pin and limits the ovaling I just have a cheap Master brand sleeved one to get me by but just bought a very sexy adjustable hitch on E bay and it would be a nice Trophy for some redneck I am sure so what I would like to find is a sleeved lockable hitch pin rated for solid towing
I sold the big boat so right now 5K is about my heaviest daily tow, price I don't mind paying up for quality I only need to buy once

I had considered welding a metal stamping on each side of receiver but makes it to wide for most pins for sure so will prob just weld up the holes a little and re drill and dress if I do anything that is

Also open for input on this if I am barking up the wrong tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Trimax lock pins are very good

I use B&W adjustable hitch with their silencer pad. Little things make a difference
post #3 of 6 Old 04-15-2019, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ah thank you and that is the hitch I just received today 2 in and 2 /16's in high polish 3 inch drop I do believe and will look into the silencer on their site

Tri max is next to view

I have been using a solid tongue pentle with a convert -a-ball for years but it is level and would have to invert the mount to go up an inch so trying this out tomorrow
some of my equipment bottoms out with my ramp hoping to adjust that out some with the B&W

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old Today, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt bob View Post
Ah thank you and that is the hitch I just received today 2 in and 2 /16's in high polish 3 inch drop I do believe and will look into the silencer on their site

Tri max is next to view

I have been using a solid tongue pentle with a convert -a-ball for years but it is level and would have to invert the mount to go up an inch so trying this out tomorrow
some of my equipment bottoms out with my ramp hoping to adjust that out some with the B&W

thanks
All you got was a 3" drop? That's not nearly enough. I run a 6" drop and even with a 9k lb camper it's still not enough... and that's on a bone stock xd
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
I went with this one after noticing the hole "ovaling" and someone on here recommended using a straight shaft. Ovaling has stopped.

rexey likes this.

2016 Pearl White SL 2x4 Diesel
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
3 inch Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
All you got was a 3" drop? That's not nearly enough. I run a 6" drop and even with a 9k lb camper it's still not enough... and that's on a bone stock xd
Yea it's the way I made my Aluminum trailers they actually were Aluminum I beam boat trailers I cut and converted to my Biz trailers I used low boy torsion axles one tandem the other two a single axle I went with the adjustable hitch to go up I am two clicks above level as my pentel was just level
so far it's been good for those trailers trailers , I am sure though if I tow a camper or traditionally made trailer I might need more adjustment though

I have yet to tow the 23 ft center console but it was good with my pentel on my EL Expedition so should be fine , The little back country skiff don't matter how that goes it's light n easy

I would love to try the Goose neck and was surprised when I saw the Kit under the back seat that it actually came with such a nice quality set up
but don't know much on that subject as of yet

Yes I buy a bunch of trailer tags every year

I do believe my height on truck is stock even though pretty beefy new Michelins were put on when I bought it 265x60 R 20's

here is my Pressure rig with the pentle
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190303_082514246_HDR.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	42631  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page