17x8.5 fuel trophy with rough country 6 inch? - Nissan Titan XD Forum

post #1 of 14 Old 02-26-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
17x8.5 fuel trophy with rough country 6 inch?

Don't know if I'm in the right section so I apologize in advance if so. I would like to get the rough country 6 inch but I've been told that I can't run a 17 inch wheel that it has to be 20s has anyone done this with this lift or any of the others pro comp 5 in or fabtech 6 in. I have tried calling all of these companies and was told the same thing that a 17 won't work. Any help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-26-2019, 03:29 PM
DTF

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Yes you can run 17s.
post #3 of 14 Old 02-26-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Awesome that's what I wanted to hear lol I just didn't wanna buy the lift get it on and then come to find my wheels won't work thank u
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF View Post
Yes you can run 17s.
Hey so I'm not trying to doubt what your saying but I'm being told by rough country that if I use a 17 inch wheel my wheel will hit the new knuckles that the wheel isn't tall enough I guess I'm just tryin to make sure that 17s will work 100% before I order this kit sorry to ask again and thank u
post #5 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 10:22 PM
DTF

I totally forgot about the drop knuckles on the 6in lifts, I'm on 17s on an icon lift and was just thinking rotor and caliper clearance. Apologies I gave you bunk info. If you have IG get ahold of marvinbuilt, he works at a Nissan dealership in Utah and does a bunch of RC lifts he will definitely know
post #6 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I totally forgot about the drop knuckles on the 6in lifts, I'm on 17s on an icon lift and was just thinking rotor and caliper clearance. Apologies I gave you bunk info. If you have IG get ahold of marvinbuilt, he works at a Nissan dealership in Utah and does a bunch of RC lifts he will definitely know
No problem man I actually just talked to him today he had told me I could use the 17s but would have to use wheel spacers which I really don't wanna do just heard bad things about them and would prefer to not have to buy new wheels again anyways thanks for your help man.
One last question though how hard do u think it would be to run 37s on the icon lift?
post #7 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 10:49 PM
DTF

I Know of 2 guys that are running it. Gymkata on here and another dude is on IG tried to get some info from him but he doesn't answer any of my DMs (I've got a blank burner account just for truck parts so maybe that's the issue)
post #8 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesoffroad2013 View Post
Quote:
Yes you can run 17s.
Hey so I'm not trying to doubt what your saying but I'm being told by rough country that if I use a 17 inch wheel my wheel will hit the new knuckles that the wheel isn't tall enough I guess I'm just tryin to make sure that 17s will work 100% before I order this kit sorry to ask again and thank u
The icon kit dtf has is worth a second look over the rc your looking at getting.

Im going icon. May take awhile to save for it but its more than worth it
post #9 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yea I've really considered the icon suspension but just worried about cv angles where as the 6 inch fixes that but the icon would be more functional. I'm at about the same height now as the icon but I'm just running the pro comp 2.25 lift now ended up being about 2.5 though. My goal is to run 37s but if it's just too much trouble I'd go for 35s, on 34s now
post #10 of 14 Old 02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
DTF

If I just had to go 6 I'd go fabtech. The CV angle should be fine, it's Nissan's "factory authorized lift" so even if you shitcan something it's covered under warranty. The icon rides nice

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page