Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Roadmaster Active Suspension

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Jayce 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I just added the Roadmaster Active Suspension to my 16 XD Pro4X to assist with handling the load of our 18 Grand Design Reflection 312BHTS.

I have to say, after riding around with it on the truck without a load didn't hurt at all but, when I loaded up the Travel Trailer, all I can say is WOW!!! I wish that I would have found these sooner.

I was going back and forth with the Timbren or Air Bags. Until I found the Roadmaster Active Suspension and I'm so happy that I did.

#3 ·
It looks like it has lifted the back of the truck but, I'm wondering if since I've now hauled the camper if it will settle in some. I'll know more by the weekend if it's changed back closer to stock. It's not a huge lift but, I'm thinking that it also depends on what tension that you set it at.

I like the fact that I can set it and leave it. No maintenance or parts to leak.

#6 ·
Last spring I installed the Rough Country 3" leveling lift (3" spacers for the front with UCA's & 1.5" blocks for the rear). It leveled the truck fairly well, but like others have mentioned I actually prefer some forward lean/rake, and was considering increasing the rear block thickness to get some back.

After reading up on the RAS for other reasons (wheel hop while towing my boat) I installed a set. At the maximum recommended setting the rear of the truck raised about 3/4 - 1" unloaded. So now I sit between factory rake and level. To me, it looks perfect.

Unloaded handling was improved - less body roll while cornering at speed, and overall feels more stable and planted to the road. RAS is worth it for that alone.

It also sags considerably less when a trailer is hooked up than it did stock, and removed about 80% of the wheel hop. Now it only occurs at low speed (under 15mph) while accelerating up an 8%+ grade and/or coming out of a hairpin corner. Once I'm in 3rd gear, no hop. I may be able to reduce or eliminate with a carrier bearing drop, but cannot find a "kit". And I do not know enough about the drive line geometry to feel comfortable making my own spacer and sticking it in there

#11 · (Edited)
After calling and speaking with the customer service department, I ordered the heavy duty set because I didn't want to stress out the system with hauling a 9k+ travel trailer. I have to say, after towing our travel trailer up to Maine and back, that the Roadmaster Active Suspension has made a huge increase in handling the load.

The back sits up about 1" from stock unloaded

#10 ·
Jayce - 2" coil-over spacers up front with the RAS in back will be closer to level than factory rake. RAS gives about 3/4"-1" rear end "lift", set to highest gap, using the standard kit. If you're looking to retain factory rake, a 1" spacer might be more appropriate

BCTXTitan - I went with the standard kit. Called RAS before purchase and was told the HD kit would fit, but is more geared toward 3500 series trucks with much higher payload than the XD. Might be overkill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.