Fuel Filters, part 1 - Page 5 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 23Likes

post #41 of 44 Old 11-26-2017, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
This is a great post, thanks for sharing!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Did both today for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARA45 View Post

I did the engine bay one first I did have some FM on the swirl tube I placed some blue paper towels and an artist brush and cleaned it all off
filter looked spent though I am right at 30 k so assume it was done at the 20 K service knowing the former owner he is on the board here and a good guy he did all the recalls and flashes , I used some silicone pool grease for all the rubber , The bottom one I had to loosen the skid plate to turn the housing off it must have taken a hit to get it to clear the plug in receptacle every thing else pretty straight forward it tightens right back to it proper place just as the torque clicked , I wondered if doing them both at the same time if I would prime ok it took two 90 second primes then it fired over
and stalled primed again and she ran and the low fuel pressure error came on I tried to drive it out and got the creep mode warning back in driveway I did the 90 second thing and it was all fine went and filled it up and did a little hi way run running great now took about an hour for the first time

Bought the filters (OEM) and it came with a Oil filter + crush washer and some gloves and full instructions 82$ on amazon

I stapled the receipt in the manual along with the mileage just in case I need it

Pointer Wifes yoga matt did great as a creeper and she will never know unless she smells it
post #43 of 44 Old Today, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt bob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARA45 View Post

I did the engine bay one first I did have some FM on the swirl tube I placed some blue paper towels and an artist brush and cleaned it all off
filter looked spent though I am right at 30 k so assume it was done at the 20 K service knowing the former owner he is on the board here and a good guy he did all the recalls and flashes , I used some silicone pool grease for all the rubber , The bottom one I had to loosen the skid plate to turn the housing off it must have taken a hit to get it to clear the plug in receptacle every thing else pretty straight forward it tightens right back to it proper place just as the torque clicked , I wondered if doing them both at the same time if I would prime ok it took two 90 second primes then it fired over
and stalled primed again and she ran and the low fuel pressure error came on I tried to drive it out and got the creep mode warning back in driveway I did the 90 second thing and it was all fine went and filled it up and did a little hi way run running great now took about an hour for the first time

Bought the filters (OEM) and it came with a Oil filter + crush washer and some gloves and full instructions 82$ on amazon

I stapled the receipt in the manual along with the mileage just in case I need it

Pointer Wifes yoga matt did great as a creeper and she will never know unless she smells it
Thanks for idea on the yoga mat😁...gonna lay that on my creeper next time. Wife hates it when turn towels into shop rags...
On the shield, you have to remove it each time for the best results. It's part of the service procedure.
I change both mine at the same time and then fully prime twice before attempting to start.
Low pressure comes on for a second while priming then turns off. After second prime completes fully truck starts and runs without the Low Pressure.
The pump is a little tough to here if there are other things going on around you or you have artillery ears like I do😁😁
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 Old Today, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
First fuel filter change-successful!

And another satisfied customer of the XD forum! Opened the water drain, went up and cracked open the engine filter housing (which really drained out that upper and lower housing!), changed the engine filter, then changed the lower. MAN! That lower housing is scary tight but easy constant pressure got it started, filter stayed up in the cavity and had to be eased out, so I guess the O ring on it was working. But that O ring on the drain housing was loose and floppy after inspection. Got it all buttoned up, 2 prime sessions and voila, starts right up!

(Used the yoga mat for years, it has lasted longer than the yoga phase did by far)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	90D4E47F-6C99-4A97-9348-047974FCF4B0.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	42621  

User Tag List