Is anyone else using Torque Or OBD Fusion apps? - Page 2 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 1Likes

post #11 of 16 Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here is what I have so far. I do have a Boost gauge on a separate screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fusion.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	37644  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 04-27-2018, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Stupid question....

Does this have any impact on our warranties? I’d like to snag one..
TXCummin likes this.
post #13 of 16 Old 04-27-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jklos View Post
Stupid question....

Does this have any impact on our warranties? Id like to snag one..
No, this has nothing to do with the way the engine will run. It just reads the information from the various sensors in the truck and displays it in real time.

You will need to get a wireless OBDII adapter that is appropriate for your phone and plug it in. I used a VeePeak compact one that is Wifi compatible with my Iphone. Cost was around $17 for the adapter and $10 for the app. You can unplug the adapter and put it in a different vehicle at any time.

There are no warranty concerns that I know of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 Old 04-11-2019, 07:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've been using the Torque Pro app for just a week now and really like the info it displays. My truck is new and I've been trying to see when it regens. Last night at about 610 miles the EGTB1S3 temp started rising pretty quick and went up to 1130 degrees, and my mpg starting dropping to about 11mpg from 17.5. So I guess this was a regen. It lasted for about 12-15 minutes running at 55mph in 5th. I did notice also that at idle it was about 800 or so rpms. I was hoping that someone would have some PIDs for soot percentage for this app but I haven't found any yet. I might just spring for the Scangauge II. It already has everything from regen time to soot level but has a very small screen and only displays four things at once.

2019 Titan XD Diesel
post #15 of 16 Old 04-11-2019, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
What PID is to show Regen Active? I use the TP and can't seem to find it

Stay frosty
post #16 of 16 Old 04-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Not sure on the apps mentioned above, but I have a blue driver OBD2 device with app. There is not a regen active/inactive PID, rather there are solid indicators. One of the PID's I watch is the "Normalized Trigger for DPF Regen" which shows the soot load as a % full. When it hits 100% the truck goes into regen. Usually at that point the percentage number drops, sometimes dramatically, to the actual soot load percentage and the EGR valve closes completely (I watch the PID for Actual EGR Position). Small caveat, the instant drop in the percent full reading is likely due to ECU code which increases the 'floor' for the load % as the 24hr engine run-time clock advances since the last regen - at 6 hrs since last regen, % full will not drop below 25%, at 12 hrs will not drop below 50% and so on. The ECU code that raises the 'floor' is not verified, only assumed due to observation. The other indicator is the temperature of the DPF. On the blue driver, I think the PID is label as 'Exhaust Gas Temperature Bank 5'. Upon regen start, it quickly ramps up from normal operating temps ranging from 400-600 deg F to 900-1100 deg F. When done, the temp falls off, and the EGR begins operating normally once the temp drops below 700ish. At that point, I reset my trip computer and wait another 24hrs to begin again

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page