Low fuel pressure warning, broken truck! - Page 4 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 7Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 03-22-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Whats the difference between the A and the B? Wonder what they actually changed on it.

2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve Diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 03-22-2019, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by realbored View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan ONeill View Post
Need a little help. I am almost certain that my lift pump, 2016 Titan XD 5.0, has failed. However, I am unable to locate the OEM lift pump online nor can I find a part #. If anyone has this information or source I can retrieve it from please advise. Thank you much.
The lift pump is part of the stage 1 fuel filter assembly. The part number is 16400-EZ40A which will likely change to 16400-EZ40B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Whats the difference between the A and the B? Wonder what they actually changed on it.
Why the part # change?
post #33 of 33 Old 03-23-2019, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
Why the part # change?
It could change for any number of reasons. They usually change by production date. If they switch suppliers of a component they number will change, if they change something with the design the number will change, if the part is updated because it is a counter measure part the number will change, if a later production model has different features the number will change, if they removed something from it the number will change. So depending on what is different about it will determine if the number supersedes to the newer number. That is why they ask for a serial number when looking up parts at the dealer. As an example, the license plate light for a Frontier supersedes to a different number. They shape of the cover is different on the new models but fits into the bumper on the old models so if you need a new one you can only get the newer one. If you only change one than you have two different lights in the bumper. Physically it has changed but nothing else is different. On early model Xterra's water would get into the O2 sensor connectors and cause the ECM to set codes. the updated sensors had different connectors on them and required the EFI harness to be changed as well so the different part number indicated that there was a service file for the part.

Last edited by realbored; 03-23-2019 at 06:19 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page