18Likes

post #31 of 33 Old 04-03-2019, 05:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arice View Post
Well I can tell you his numbers aren't too far off. I pull my fifth wheel for work and 80 % of my driving is pulling my 11.5k fifth wheel.
I Regen at the 1100 mile mark and my average speed is 62 MPH....and I've documented this over 42k.
Has anyone ever really validated, from Nissan or Cummins, that the "mandatory" every 24 hours of operation Regen happens regardelss of driving and engine load conditions?
I have to comment on this topic. shooting across south dakota /wyoming at 80 mph my regens are at 1100/1300 per scan gauge display and not towing a **** thing. All the comments on ( B S ) are figured with pen and pencil and obviously not perhaps on the road..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 04-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
My apologies if I rustled any feathers, that was not my intent.

Arice - There was a post somewhere on this forum of an image capture from the tech manual stating the ECU is hard coded for 24hrs engine run time max between regens. I can confirm this to be valid from observing run time vs. DPF load on a scan tool during the past year and a half. No more than 24hrs without fail.

And I must amend my previous statements. I believe it is possible to get 1000+ miles between regens, but under other than normal circumstances. It is possible during an extended road trip where you are at highway speeds for most of the time, only getting off for food, fuel, and/or lodging. Or your commute is no-traffic highway for 90% of an extended distance, and you are close enough to the highway to not pull your average speed under 42mph, then it is possible to achieve 1000+ between regens. But that is not the norm.

My comments were really to balance those claiming high numbers as their "average" distance between regen cycles. While I think the possibility exists to achieve 1000+ plus, I do not think those are the average numbers, and wanted to put out a better understanding of what to expect and alleviate having others question why their truck does not get such good numbers.

Best way to know what you should expect is to look at the trip computer and multiply the average speed x 24. That is roughly the mileage you should see between regens.
post #33 of 33 Old 04-04-2019, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBouy View Post
My apologies if I rustled any feathers, that was not my intent.

Arice - There was a post somewhere on this forum of an image capture from the tech manual stating the ECU is hard coded for 24hrs engine run time max between regens. I can confirm this to be valid from observing run time vs. DPF load on a scan tool during the past year and a half. No more than 24hrs without fail.

And I must amend my previous statements. I believe it is possible to get 1000+ miles between regens, but under other than normal circumstances. It is possible during an extended road trip where you are at highway speeds for most of the time, only getting off for food, fuel, and/or lodging. Or your commute is no-traffic highway for 90% of an extended distance, and you are close enough to the highway to not pull your average speed under 42mph, then it is possible to achieve 1000+ between regens. But that is not the norm.

My comments were really to balance those claiming high numbers as their "average" distance between regen cycles. While I think the possibility exists to achieve 1000+ plus, I do not think those are the average numbers, and wanted to put out a better understanding of what to expect and alleviate having others question why their truck does not get such good numbers.

Best way to know what you should expect is to look at the trip computer and multiply the average speed x 24. That is roughly the mileage you should see between regens.
Shoot...You didn't ruffle any feathers 😁I wasn't neccessarily doubting you on the 24 hour cycle I just have not read it in print and have been too lazy to review operating hours and service manuals.
I also agree with you on the "average" REGEN numbers thought process and would tend to believe that the majority of XDs probably Regen more often.....seeing how a large portion of them are driven and treated like a passenger car.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page