Tune and deletes - Page 3 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 6Likes

post #21 of 49 Old 03-02-2019, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Everything else available is not solely limited to emissions compliant systems. Both AFE and MBRP both have race pipes available, AFE is actually a step up from the flo pro as it offers stainless for a similar price as the aluminized Flo Pro and MBRP offers full downpipe back systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Knight View Post
Quote:
Owperformance.net

Very impressive array of products for the titan XD. Very knowledgeable guy. Answered his phone late even! Im definitely gonna keep tabs on his site.

He does NOT have cft egr kit. He expects to have some in a “month”.
Well thank you for clearing that up. As I said when I msged him about it he did she he had them but maybe he misunderstood what I was asking.
He wants business so he said it was in stock. He does have most of what you wanted in stock. Josh and him apparently ralk often and he was promised to recieve 20 units “soon”.

Get the flo pro exhaust immediately. They will no longer sell them in usa. Whats currently here is it. Everything else available is an emissions compliant cat back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njuarez33 View Post
Everything else available is not solely limited to emissions compliant systems. Both AFE and MBRP both have race pipes available, AFE is actually a step up from the flo pro as it offers stainless for a similar price as the aluminized Flo Pro and MBRP offers full downpipe back systems
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Owperformance.net

Very impressive array of products for the titan XD. Very knowledgeable guy. Answered his phone late even! Im definitely gonna keep tabs on his site.

Well thank you for clearing that up. As I said when I msged him about it he did she he had them but maybe he misunderstood what I was asking.
He wants business so he said it was in stock. He does have most of what you wanted in stock. Josh and him apparently ralk often and he was promised to recieve 20 units “soon”.

Get the flo pro exhaust immediately. They will no longer sell them in usa. Whats currently here is it. Everything else available is an emissions compliant cat back.
Good to know but..

Mbrp website show no full downpipe back exhaust - where did u get info they have one? Afe shows a 4” pipe and race pipes (why keep stock diameter!?!) but no 5” exhaust downpipe back.
I guess i should have said the only way you can get a full 5” pipe like i have installed is from flo pro.
post #23 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry both offer racepipes, AFE is the one that offers the downpipe back exhaust and MBRP aluminzed race pipes are only $199
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njuarez33 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Owperformance.net

Good to know but..

Mbrp website show no full downpipe back exhaust - where did u get info they have one? Afe shows a 4” pipe and race pipes (why keep stock diameter!?!) but no 5” exhaust downpipe back.
I guess i should have said the only way you can get a full 5” pipe like i have installed is from flo pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I mean I don’t have to delete the egr right away a tune to just shut it off is fine for now but I def want the dpf and cat gone. I’m just hesitant about voiding my warranty seeing some of the turbo issues etc that guys have had
post #25 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 08:55 AM
Bmw

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Quote:
I mean I don’t have to delete the egr right away a tune to just shut it off is fine for now but I def want the dpf and cat gone. I’m just hesitant about voiding my warranty seeing some of the turbo issues etc that guys have had
Technically it wouldnt void your warranty. There have been many cases where people have had warranty work done while tuned. A few included motor replacement. Then again it depends on your dealer, how nice you are to them, and exactly what is wrong with your truck. They couldnt blame a turbo failure on a tune.
post #26 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 09:15 AM
DTF

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
If they saw over fueling and boost higher than stock they definitely could not cover a turbo under warranty due to a tune.
post #27 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw View Post
Quote:
Technically it wouldnt void your warranty. There have been many cases where people have had warranty work done while tuned. A few included motor replacement. Then again it depends on your dealer, how nice you are to them, and exactly what is wrong with your truck. They couldnt blame a turbo failure on a tune.
It voids the warranty technically. I bet the dealership could and definitely would in 9 out of 10 cases. Very rare circumstances it wont. Turbo isnt same as door window motor. Id bet quite a few would warranty that tune or no tune.

This is a solid truck. If its gone 7k or so and not had an issue occur - chancrs are significantly educed anything will.

Take care of it! Many of the problems are due to how vehicle is used and maintained. If you want to use a tune that pushes truck to full limits then expect wear and tear issues sooner.
XDHunter likes this.

Last edited by Treecowboy; 03-03-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spell
post #28 of 49 Old 03-03-2019, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It voids the warranty technically. I bet the dealership could and definitely would in 9 out of 10 cases. Very rare circumstances it wont. Turbo isnt same as door window motor. Id bet quite a few would warranty that tune or no tune.

This is a solid truck. If its gone 7k or so and not had an issue occur - chancrs are significantly educed anything will.

Take care of it! Many of the problems are due to how vehicle is used and maintained. If you want to use a tune that pushes truck to full limits then expect wear and tear issues sooner.
I don’t want to push the motor to the limits I just don’t want the egr dpf, I’d be happy with a 60hp tune and no em
ZatZuma and wakinvol like this.

Last edited by Ronnie Knight; 03-04-2019 at 03:45 AM.
post #29 of 49 Old 03-05-2019, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Do the 60, you can still tow on it and without a doubt it's a massive improvement over Nissans em tuning.

Find someone local on one of the xd Facebook groups who has an ezlynk box. buy a single tune locked to your vin, install it off their tuner and toss the racepipe in. **** spending 2600 bucks... Offer to buy someone lunch and a beer I bet someone will come meet you while you flash your truck.

http://www.provendiesel.com/shop/ez-...c-currency=USD
$600 single tune and what's the race pipe? $300?

Last edited by jd96; 03-05-2019 at 01:42 AM.
post #30 of 49 Old 03-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Then you either need to buy ezlynk and tunes or find a diesel shop that has a "master" ezlynk and then you just need tunes. If you want shift on the fly you need to get your own ezlynk. You also need the titan XD unlock cable.
Actually, part of this is not correct. In order to load a tune, you'll need EZ Lynk and the XD unlock cable. For a SOTF tune, you'll need to install the switch. Switch plugs into a sensor near the oil fill. After the tune is loaded, you can disconnect the unlock cable, and the EZ Lynk. You don't need to keep it installed in order for SOTF to operate. The EZ Lynk does give access to other gauges through a tablet or phone provided you keep it connected to the ODBII port.

--
Brian

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page