Fuel economy - Page 2 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 8Likes

post #11 of 25 Old 03-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Knight View Post
I’m very surprised at your guys low numbers, I’m averaging 16.9 now after driving around town beating on her for a few hours playing around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhanses View Post
Quote:
I’m very surprised at your guys low numbers, I’m averaging 16.9 now after driving around town beating on her for a few hours playing around.
You have a unicorn.
Hea been running around beatin on it valet economode on that i drive of his. Rotfl 😆 😂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 03-08-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have a unicorn.
Hea been running around beatin on it valet economode on that i drive of his. Rotfl 😆 😂
It’s actually on ultimate 4 🏻
post #13 of 25 Old 03-08-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have a unicorn.
So a unicorn with 2 horns and lipstick on. 🦄
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 Old 03-08-2019, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You have a unicorn.
So a unicorn with 2 horns and lipstick on. 🦄
Lol who do I have to impress by saying something which isn’t true 😂 I’ll just make a video and post a link of it driving
post #15 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
You are getting over 10 MPG better than I am. My computer hangs right around 15.0 all the time. But I do seem to go 80+ every where but in the city pulling my trailer.

2017 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Reserve Diesel
post #16 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 02:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
You are getting over 10 MPG better than I am. My computer hangs right around 15.0 all the time. But I do seem to go 80+ every where but in the city pulling my trailer.
I have 32,000 miles on mine and most of my driving is in the city but when I have it out on the interstate I easily get 20 unless I’m climbing a decent hill
post #17 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I have 32,000 miles on mine and most of my driving is in the city but when I have it out on the interstate I easily get 20 unless I’m climbing a decent hill
Hes got a couple of injectors out - must be saving like 25% fuel use

We just joshin u. What do u know about previous owner? Anything at all possibly installed?
Seriously u r lifted?
Oversized tires?
Not tuned?
post #18 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hes got a couple of injectors out - must be saving like 25% fuel use

We just joshin u. What do u know about previous owner? Anything at all possibly installed?
Seriously u r lifted?
Oversized tires?
Not tuned?
The truck still has all its emissions so if it was tuned it was an emissions friendly one that wasn’t sotf because there is no switch, yes the trucks got a small lift and 33”x12.5 tires
I don’t know much about the previous owner I just have all the service records from Nissan, he followed the maintanence precisely that’s about all I know.
post #19 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Best I logged was 20.8. Closest I've seen since that was 20.2.

Stay frosty
post #20 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I'm averaging 9.1 - woohoo! Winter gas, no towing yet. 2016 Pro4x with 47,500. I've been through 3 tanks of gas so far in my month of ownership and at least 1 regen that last 3 days. I have 2 issues that I blame this on with the first being the real issue ( I THINK )

1. The truck is sooo touchy! Honestly. I've been extremely light on the pedal trying as hard as i can get get some MPG's out of this thing, Anywhere near 1/8-1/4 throttle and boom - 20+PSI of boost and the meter is about 8MPG (4 if it's in regen). most of the time, on mostly flat road, If I don't ever so slightly touch the pedal, to the point where i'm loosing speed, I can see almost 20 on the real time. But if my speed dips slight and I just barely touch the pedal to stay at speed, 10mpg. So any slight incline is always 10mpg. Every time I have to start from 0-40 - it's 5mpg to speed...

2. In the am I warm the truck up for my daughter. So remote start, idle's usually 10 minutes, sometimes it shuts off and sometimes we make it in just before it does. On these trips to work, i drop my daughter off and idle in a driveway (usually less than 2 minutes) then back on the road. Those trips on the meter are always 8-9mpg. When I leave work I don't idle and the gauge when u shut the truck off shows 11mpg (highest 13) on those trips. We are only talking 10 minutes of drive time here, from 1 end of town to the other. But this is seriously trying hard not to touch the pedal and grampa this thing around for MPG's.

I am thinking I'm going to delete ASAP or take the 2 hour drive to a nissan dealer and see if there's new program ECU/Tranny. Per my paperwork: 9/2017 - engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed. Anyone know if this is the latest and greatest for the 2016's?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page