Fuel economy - Page 3 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 8Likes

post #21 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage232 View Post
I'm averaging 9.1 - woohoo! Winter gas, no towing yet. 2016 Pro4x with 47,500. I've been through 3 tanks of gas so far in my month of ownership and at least 1 regen that last 3 days. I have 2 issues that I blame this on with the first being the real issue ( I THINK )

1. The truck is sooo touchy! Honestly. I've been extremely light on the pedal trying as hard as i can get get some MPG's out of this thing, Anywhere near 1/8-1/4 throttle and boom - 20+PSI of boost and the meter is about 8MPG (4 if it's in regen). most of the time, on mostly flat road, If I don't ever so slightly touch the pedal, to the point where i'm loosing speed, I can see almost 20 on the real time. But if my speed dips slight and I just barely touch the pedal to stay at speed, 10mpg. So any slight incline is always 10mpg. Every time I have to start from 0-40 - it's 5mpg to speed...

2. In the am I warm the truck up for my daughter. So remote start, idle's usually 10 minutes, sometimes it shuts off and sometimes we make it in just before it does. On these trips to work, i drop my daughter off and idle in a driveway (usually less than 2 minutes) then back on the road. Those trips on the meter are always 8-9mpg. When I leave work I don't idle and the gauge when u shut the truck off shows 11mpg (highest 13) on those trips. We are only talking 10 minutes of drive time here, from 1 end of town to the other. But this is seriously trying hard not to touch the pedal and grampa this thing around for MPG's.

I am thinking I'm going to delete ASAP or take the 2 hour drive to a nissan dealer and see if there's new program ECU/Tranny. Per my paperwork: 9/2017 - engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed. Anyone know if this is the latest and greatest for the 2016's?
You are idling way too long, emissions system is not friendly with idling. I wouldn’t drive to the dealer, I’d delete or stop idling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm averaging 9.1 - woohoo! Winter gas, no towing yet. 2016 Pro4x with 47,500. I've been through 3 tanks of gas so far in my month of ownership and at least 1 regen that last 3 days. I have 2 issues that I blame this on with the first being the real issue ( I THINK )

1. The truck is sooo touchy! Honestly. I've been extremely light on the pedal trying as hard as i can get get some MPG's out of this thing, Anywhere near 1/8-1/4 throttle and boom - 20+PSI of boost and the meter is about 8MPG (4 if it's in regen). most of the time, on mostly flat road, If I don't ever so slightly touch the pedal, to the point where i'm loosing speed, I can see almost 20 on the real time. But if my speed dips slight and I just barely touch the pedal to stay at speed, 10mpg. So any slight incline is always 10mpg. Every time I have to start from 0-40 - it's 5mpg to speed...

2. In the am I warm the truck up for my daughter. So remote start, idle's usually 10 minutes, sometimes it shuts off and sometimes we make it in just before it does. On these trips to work, i drop my daughter off and idle in a driveway (usually less than 2 minutes) then back on the road. Those trips on the meter are always 8-9mpg. When I leave work I don't idle and the gauge when u shut the truck off shows 11mpg (highest 13) on those trips. We are only talking 10 minutes of drive time here, from 1 end of town to the other. But this is seriously trying hard not to touch the pedal and grampa this thing around for MPG's.

I am thinking I'm going to delete ASAP or take the 2 hour drive to a nissan dealer and see if there's new program ECU/Tranny. Per my paperwork: 9/2017 - engine/powertrain computer/module reprogrammed. Anyone know if this is the latest and greatest for the 2016's?
Het the tranny update if not yet reflashed then
Delete. Delete. Delete. You will see significant mpg increase. 16-18mpg solid
As well as tons of other exciting benefits
post #23 of 25 Old 03-09-2019, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I think it's running on the Unicorn farts.

Phoenix, AZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 25 Old 03-12-2019, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
27....then you woke up!
post #25 of 25 Old 03-12-2019, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

I remote start in the AM to get warmed up for the kiddos too (ok and myself), usually shuts off before or right as we get out there. A very short distance to the school, help the kiddos out, then drive about 26 miles to work with a mix of city/backroads/highway, mostly conservative driving but burying it for the on ramps. Computer average is 15.0 for 3/4 of the tank used, I suspect a regen in there too, was closer to 17.0 - I have no idea if mine's been reprogrammed at all.

If you're just taking a short 10 minute trip across town and not cruising on the highway/freeway you're not going to get the mpg's up.
Rage232 likes this.

2016 PR 5.0

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page