• 2 Post By cfcatt

post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Fuel Filter Blues

My Titan XD has 44,000 miles on it and I have changed the fuel filters three times in the past with no issues. I went to change them last Saturday and the fuel system would not pressurize afterwards. I tried about 10 times with no luck. I checked to make sure the filters were installed correctly, no cut o-rings etc. Still no luck. Then I decided to re-install the old filters to see if that was it...I started with the secondary filter and after I re-installed it the system pressurized immediately.

I took the filter back to Nissan and swapped it out for a new one and when I got home I installed the new new one and it worked just fine.

I had inspected the filter I returned and could see no obvious (to me) defects so just a piece of information if you are also having trouble after changing filters.
rexey and mdonnelly4749 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Was the seal on the bottom of the underhood filter torn possibly??? That one has a tendency to be torn/ripped and can cause low/no pressure. If not then I'm stumped but at least it's working now.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfcatt View Post
My Titan XD has 44,000 miles on it and I have changed the fuel filters three times in the past with no issues. I went to change them last Saturday and the fuel system would not pressurize afterwards. I tried about 10 times with no luck. I checked to make sure the filters were installed correctly, no cut o-rings etc. Still no luck. Then I decided to re-install the old filters to see if that was it...I started with the secondary filter and after I re-installed it the system pressurized immediately.

I took the filter back to Nissan and swapped it out for a new one and when I got home I installed the new new one and it worked just fine.

I had inspected the filter I returned and could see no obvious (to me) defects so just a piece of information if you are also having trouble after changing filters.

You aren’t the first I have heard of this happening to. Others the gasket was just a tiny bit smaller and same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-20-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I looked at the gasket and O ring and didn't see anything but who knows....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page