Delete and don’t look back - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 6Likes

post #1 of 21 Old 04-05-2019, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Delete and don’t look back

18 pro 4x deleted for almost a week now. Took her to HunterXD and absolutely couldn’t be happier with the result as well as his knowledge and helpfulness. A great guy to have do your work for sure! Thanks bud! I’ve been stalking this forum since late October last year when I knew I’d be bringing it home. It is an awesome place to look for info on these trucks (also to laugh at a couple dumba** posts). So thanks to all of you for the help really. As far as the delete I did a flo pro full 4” system with muffler and an ezlynk tune and SOTF switch. I started with the 1.4 tune which was an awesome upgrade from my sprint booster/stealth module setup. I’ve since gone to the 1.9 tune (Wow) and now am running the 1.9.4. (Wow with smoother shifting). I did run the sprint booster at first but like it better without it now. I run my SOTF switch at 4 then switch to 2 or 3 for towing to be safe. The truck pulls and just keeps pulling! Very little if any lag. Fuel mileage is approximately 2 MPG better but I did do more than a few hammer down runs. It’s too fun! The sound outside is definitely a louder whistle with the flo pro, but it sounds awesome! I absolutely hate annoying loud exhaust systems on anything, but this sounds really strong without being obnoxious. Inside cab noise is barely, if any, louder than stock. I do find myself turning off the radio and cracking the window just to listen now. I’m very happy with the flo pro and muffler system. I did have some issues with ezlynk on IOS this week but they have fixed that with an update and even emailed me to let me know it’s been resolved. Truck is so much better to drive now, tows better, sounds better, fuel mileage better, no regens. If you’re thinking about doing it, stop thinking. You won’t regret it. If anything changes or I get some updated results I will post. My stealth module is for sale and my sprint booster will be now too. Thanks for reading guys. Thanks again Hunter XD as well!
wakinvol and Rage232 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for posting your feedback and opinion so far. Happy to hear you're happy with the results!
post #3 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Garage
Your very welcome. Thanks for the kind words and enjoy. Like I have always said it is a completely new truck and makes you smile uncontrollably everytime you hit the pedal now....)
wakinvol likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Thanks for the review. Will be doing this in the next 3 months. XD, wish you were closer.

2016 Pearl White SL 2x4 Diesel
post #5 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Garage
You wouldn't be the farthest away that I've people drive. Lol
But I know what you mean. Maybe I should go mobile.
Scotch n Water likes this.
post #6 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Finally did it. Took me half the day all by myself. Lots of breaks and some beer.

I started with the removing the dpf and the scr. It was kind of a pita to take it all off but not too bad. There was minimal buildup of def at nozzle area of the scr and everything else looked good with the entire unit. I wrapped all the connections with zip lock bags and zip ties and tucked them out of the way above the frame.

Replaced the scr and dpf that somehow fell off my truck with a 4" P1 pipe that fit pretty well and no issues. I painted The pipes with high temp grill paint a few days prior kinda begin my entire under body rust prevention I want to do soon. The install of the pipes was straightforward.

Grabbed my Ezlynk and installed the v1.9 tune from hpp...which was really simple to do. I was worried about this procedure, but it was really straightforward and had no issues.

Started the truck up and Ohh emmmm geee!!! She had this nice whistle and very sweet diesel type rumble at idle. I just left it at whatever tune it loads with automatically and gave her a spin. Night and day difference for sure. The combo of the pedal commander and the tune is unbelievable so far. I'm a happy camper.

I'm going to mess with the tunes and install the SOTF tomorrow. If you're on the fence....just do it already!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_190056_1554593734704.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	42503   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190406_152135_1554593877744.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	42505  
post #7 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bckinblk View Post
Finally did it. Took me half the day all by myself. Lots of breaks and some beer.

I started with the removing the dpf and the scr. It was kind of a pita to take it all off but not too bad. There was minimal buildup of def at nozzle area of the scr and everything else looked good with the entire unit. I wrapped all the connections with zip lock bags and zip ties and tucked them out of the way above the frame.

Replaced the scr and dpf that somehow fell off my truck with a 4" P1 pipe that fit pretty well and no issues. I painted The pipes with high temp grill paint a few days prior kinda begin my entire under body rust prevention I want to do soon. The install of the pipes was straightforward.

Grabbed my Ezlynk and installed the v1.9 tune from hpp...which was really simple to do. I was worried about this procedure, but it was really straightforward and had no issues.

Started the truck up and Ohh emmmm geee!!! She had this nice whistle and very sweet diesel type rumble at idle. I just left it at whatever tune it loads with automatically and gave her a spin. Night and day difference for sure. The combo of the pedal commander and the tune is unbelievable so far. I'm a happy camper.

I'm going to mess with the tunes and install the SOTF tomorrow. If you're on the fence....just do it already!
...somwhow fell off

Rotfl

God bless gravity and cheerful whistles from behind!
post #8 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bckinblk View Post

Really mind blowing when you try and look through your stock exhaust and not a speck of light to be seen. Nothing like chocking up a motor right?
XDHunter likes this.
post #9 of 21 Old 04-06-2019, 10:40 PM

Yep. She can breathe now.
post #10 of 21 Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Got around to installing my sotf today after work. When I went to test fit the plug I found that it doesn't fit properly in on that plug near the oil filler .... this is assuming I'm plugging it into the right place. The instructions are for a 13-17 cummins btw. Are they interchangeable or was I sent the wrong switch?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190410_191005_1554938512307.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	42559   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190410_191013_1554938615518.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	42561  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version