70k miles, safe bet? - Page 2 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 4Likes

post #11 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
My biggest hesitation is that this truck is 6 hours away. I wish I could find something a little more local (Charleston, SC) for a decent price. The used truck market down here is mind blowing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 04:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
If you can get it to a dealership they will know everything about that motor after plugging into it's computer. They knew about me going over 80mph in the 2016 XD when trading it in, and asked me about it. That's about all they found because there was nothing else to find.

17 SV 4X4 Diesel
post #13 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamYogiRam View Post
My biggest hesitation is that this truck is 6 hours away. I wish I could find something a little more local (Charleston, SC) for a decent price. The used truck market down here is mind blowing.

The only dealer in my town is a Chevy dealership, and the used car guy there can sit down with you, search their dealer network inventory, and essentially order whatever used vehicle you want from outside the area. One of my coworkers got into their Armada that way. You might just head down to the dealer you're most comfortable working with and see if they might do something similar for you, but don't be afraid to travel - I made an overnight trip to get my truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
Depends on what trim level your truck is but thats probably pretty close to everyone else. I got 34k trade for mine 1 yr ago. 16 platinum with 8k miles
I'll be damned!!! That's all they gave you!?
post #15 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
Yup. After the tax credit it was just over 36k. Traded it on a jeep for my wife and got 100 bucks back. They sold it a few weeks later for 37k so someone got a good deal I think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1483_1555170646670.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	42595  
post #16 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
Yup. After the tax credit it was just over 36k. Traded it on a jeep for my wife and got 100 bucks back. They sold it a few weeks later for 37k so someone got a good deal I think
Did you look up nada? Pretty sure they ripped you a new ******* on that one
post #17 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah its was 32k
post #18 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
To the OP, I was in the same exact boat this past week. I bought a 2016 XD Diesel Platinum Reserve with 69k miles. I was not planning to buy another tuck, but came across this one that looks to be in mint condition and it was $30,152 so I made an impulse buy. This is my second truck with a Cummins Turbo Diesel, the first was a 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn. I love the Cummins diesels and the Aisin transmissions are supposed to be bulletproof.

I did a lot of research on this truck before I actually pulled the trigger and the following items caught my eye:

- Oil and fuel filter changer every 10k miles; not a big deal except the RAM was 15k miles.
- Coolant system flush every 45k miles
- Brake and transmission fluid change every 20k miles
- Powertrain warranty ends at 60k miles.

The dealership near me charges is pretty reasonable on the services outside of oil and fuel filters, I do them myself. On Monday, it is going in for a "service reset" on the coolant system flush, brake fluid change, and transmission fluid change. This will run just north of $500.

When I drove the truck home from the dealership, the check engine light came on and warning message came up saying "Reduced Engine Power" and they continue to come up intermittently. When I talked to the Nissan dealership, they said its likely the EGR cooler going out. I conveyed this to the dealership I bought it from and they said to send them the receipt for the diagnostic and repair and they'll reimburse me for it.

These diesel trucks are great, except for the issues with the emission systems. I had a ton of issues with the one on my RAM 2500 and I plan to find someone who can delete it for me. I put around 60k miles/yr on a vehicle and don't have the time to deal with a lot of minor issues with the emission systems.
post #19 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddejarnette View Post
To the OP, I was in the same exact boat this past week. I bought a 2016 XD Diesel Platinum Reserve with 69k miles. I was not planning to buy another tuck, but came across this one that looks to be in mint condition and it was $30,152 so I made an impulse buy. This is my second truck with a Cummins Turbo Diesel, the first was a 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn. I love the Cummins diesels and the Aisin transmissions are supposed to be bulletproof.

I did a lot of research on this truck before I actually pulled the trigger and the following items caught my eye:

- Oil and fuel filter changer every 10k miles; not a big deal except the RAM was 15k miles.
- Coolant system flush every 45k miles
- Brake and transmission fluid change every 20k miles
- Powertrain warranty ends at 60k miles.

The dealership near me charges is pretty reasonable on the services outside of oil and fuel filters, I do them myself. On Monday, it is going in for a "service reset" on the coolant system flush, brake fluid change, and transmission fluid change. This will run just north of $500.

When I drove the truck home from the dealership, the check engine light came on and warning message came up saying "Reduced Engine Power" and they continue to come up intermittently. When I talked to the Nissan dealership, they said its likely the EGR cooler going out. I conveyed this to the dealership I bought it from and they said to send them the receipt for the diagnostic and repair and they'll reimburse me for it.

These diesel trucks are great, except for the issues with the emission systems. I had a ton of issues with the one on my RAM 2500 and I plan to find someone who can delete it for me. I put around 60k miles/yr on a vehicle and don't have the time to deal with a lot of minor issues with the emission systems.
What was your power train warranty on 2500?
Bet it wasnt 100k!
15k oil changes dont matter if warranty period is short enough but id consider ludicrous if a bypass oil filtration system not in truck.
post #20 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
The RAM 2500 I had was a 2014 and it came with a 5yr / 100k mile powertrain warranty.

User Tag List