70k miles, safe bet? - Page 3 - Nissan Titan XD Forum
 3Likes

post #21 of 41 Old 04-13-2019, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddejarnette View Post
The RAM 2500 I had was a 2014 and it came with a 5yr / 100k mile powertrain warranty.
Stand corrected. Still think 15k is too long for an oil change warranty or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 09:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
Agreed. But I have a customer who consistently goes over by 10k miles so he's going 25 to 30k between olive changes and it's over 300k now. That's one a 14 Ram 6.7 and a 16 Chevy 6.6.
post #23 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
Agreed. But I have a customer who consistently goes over by 10k miles so he's going 25 to 30k between olive changes and it's over 300k now. That's one a 14 Ram 6.7 and a 16 Chevy 6.6.
And you know for certain he isnt running a bypass oil filter?
Someone on here wants a tune installer in PA. Just posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
I don't doubt it at all especially on the 6.7 when they are being worked....and it appears he is. Did the EGR fall off his 6.7 truck? If it did I don't blame him for running 20- 25k if he's working it. Bout right for an industrial and medium duty engine application which the 6.7, and it's precursor the 5.9, really were/are. Most folks don't realize they weren't originally designed for a "pickup" or for Dodge at all.
Don't need bypass filtration to do that mileage on an inline Cummins either...just a good quality oil and filter of which there are many.
post #25 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 02:45 PM
DTF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Yes sir. They take a beating and keep performing. Like I've said before I've abused the **** out if my 12v. I can walk out right now and fire it up and it hasn't been driven in over a year ( need a new transfer case) its been way over on all of it's oil and fuel filter changes and driven like I stole it something like 280xxx on it and hasn't shown any signs of giving up. Year and a half plus with no overdrive and driven at redline running back and forth to Vegas from 29 palms and everywhere in between deployments.
post #26 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
No bypass filters. Yes I have been working on them since new. Ram needed a egr cooler at 80k them def system took a crap at 160k and it was all removed and tuned at that time. 350k on it now and have done a turbo actuator and water pump since then. Duramax dpf took a dump at 102k and got trashed and tuned at that time. His 15 GMC exploded a cp4 at 160k and it was just traded as is for the 16 Chevy
post #27 of 41 Old 04-14-2019, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTF View Post
Yes sir. They take a beating and keep performing. Like I've said before I've abused the **** out if my 12v. I can walk out right now and fire it up and it hasn't been driven in over a year ( need a new transfer case) its been way over on all of it's oil and fuel filter changes and driven like I stole it something like 280xxx on it and hasn't shown any signs of giving up. Year and a half plus with no overdrive and driven at redline running back and forth to Vegas from 29 palms and everywhere in between deployments.
Crap...don't...mention....29 Palms lol. During two joint excercises with the Corp out there I bet I ordered and had replaced 500 HMMWV tires....**** lava rock...and **** Army Forward Oberservers and Scouts 😁who just couldn't help themselves... LMAO. Good times...
post #28 of 41 Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
You bring up a good point Tree Cowboy and certainly one that will generate a lot of different view points. I'll generally follow the manufacturer recommendations for interval, but only use synthetic oil. Even on the oil change intervals at 10k miles I would not go that long on regular mineral oil, it would have to be synthetic.

We have a sister company that runs semis and its interesting that the newer trucks go 45k miles between oil changes, but that's an entirely different application versus our daily drivers.
post #29 of 41 Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddejarnette View Post
Quote:
You bring up a good point Tree Cowboy and certainly one that will generate a lot of different view points. I'll generally follow the manufacturer recommendations for interval, but only use synthetic oil. Even on the oil change intervals at 10k miles I would not go that long on regular mineral oil, it would have to be synthetic.

We have a sister company that runs semis and its interesting that the newer trucks go 45k miles between oil changes, but that's an entirely different application versus our daily drivers.
I bet they are running bypass filtration...
post #30 of 41 Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I bet they are running bypass filtration...
I am relatively new to this, but your points on bypass filtration made me do some research to see how it works and i might look at putting one of these on my Titan. It makes sense.

User Tag List