• 1 Post By Treecowboy
  • 1 Post By d15b7

post #1 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2016 EGR Cooler

I bought a 2016 Titan XD Platinum Reserve last week with 70k miles. On the way home, the check engine light came on with a warning message stating something like "Reduced Engine Power".

I took it to the dealership today to have the EGR cooler replaced and it was supposed to be ready this afternoon. The service writer called me after lunch and stated that around lunch time today Nissan told their dealers to remove all of the EGR coolers on the shelf and send them back to Nissan. He told me they would have the truck for 1-2 weeks waiting on a replacement from Nissan. The good thing is the used car dealer I bought it from is paying for the replacement and the Nissan dealer gave me a new Titan as loaner until my truck is ready.

When researching the Titan XD, this is one issue that popped up a lot and it will be interesting to see if they issue a recall given the news I heard today where the replacements are being sent back to Nissan.

Anyways, I thought I would share this with the group. I came back to the Titan after owning one the 1st year they came out (2004 I think) and did not really care much for it then. However, I am pleasantly surprised with how well the new ones run and its a shame they are not able to sell more of them than what they do. They're really nice trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Garage
1st gens are still my favorite truck. Did they say why they wanted them coolers back
post #3 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
1st gens are still my favorite truck. Did they say why they wanted them coolers back
They did not say why, but quickly stated it and then said there would be a loaner Titan ready to go whenever I showed up at the dealership because I did not need to be driving the truck.

I'll ask for more details when the truck is ready and share any information I find.
XDHunter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-15-2019, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddejarnette View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDHunter View Post
They did not say why, but quickly stated it and then said there would be a loaner Titan ready to go whenever I showed up at the dealership because I did not need to be driving the truck.

I'll ask for more details when the truck is ready and share any information I find.
Exactly why my egr is serving the greater good in the recycled metal world. 😉
ddejarnette likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
First gen here 100k on it, no egr issues.
post #6 of 7 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
hi! mine is a 2016 with only about 12k miles on it and no issues with the EGR cooler (yet!) but I carry a gallon of premix coolant with me just in case it decides to crack on a long tow. oh and it's crazy how 'rare' these trucks are -- I was up at Watkins Glen racetrack last weekend for the AER 18 hr race and I'd say there were a minimum of 75 trucks in the paddock; of all of those I was the only Nissan Titan XD! in a sea of Fords Chevys RAMs my Titan sure does stick out haha. that's something I actually like about it (it's a pro not a con in my eyes). anyway I'm following this thread to see if there is a recall on the EGR coolers for them to be replaced with an upgraded part now!
XDHunter likes this.

2016 XD PR 4x4 Cummins
post #7 of 7 Old Today, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by d15b7 View Post
hi! mine is a 2016 with only about 12k miles on it and no issues with the EGR cooler (yet!) but I carry a gallon of premix coolant with me just in case it decides to crack on a long tow. oh and it's crazy how 'rare' these trucks are -- I was up at Watkins Glen racetrack last weekend for the AER 18 hr race and I'd say there were a minimum of 75 trucks in the paddock; of all of those I was the only Nissan Titan XD! in a sea of Fords Chevys RAMs my Titan sure does stick out haha. that's something I actually like about it (it's a pro not a con in my eyes). anyway I'm following this thread to see if there is a recall on the EGR coolers for them to be replaced with an upgraded part now!
Agree about the uniqueness of it, I like having something that is different from everyone else. Hopefully it is not so unique that Nissan can't justify carrying the Titan line and they discontinue it. I really like the XD and am very impressed by the Titan V8 loaner while my XD is in the shop.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page