Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Infotainment System

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bcangelo 
#1 ·
Question for whoever wants to take a crack at this. When using the hands free calling setup on these trucks has anyone figured out a way to hit the button on the wheel and just be able to say “dial” then say whatever number you’re trying to dial? It seems to be such a pain in the a** to use the system in this truck. My Silverado definitely had a quicker more user friendly system. Also when I try and dial anyone in my contact list and seven people come up that don’t even sound like the person I said is awesome. Love the truck but boy is it dumb between the ears sometimes.

#2 ·
I feel your pain. I push the button say call X and usually more than one comes up. Some time it makes no sense at all. Then for that individual it will ask which numbers. So I think there are 2 things that could be going on here. My earlier vehicle a Ford did not do much better but you could get a way with more keypad entry. Then driver distraction nannies are at work here but actually make it worse.
The truck aside I have decided that all of these voice command things are prejudiced against anybody over the age of 30. None of these things gets it right for me an last I check I speek english with a standard west cost American accent. So ya the system is not the best.

#3 ·
Yes, the system slow and dated. But, it has been getting some software upgrades - check your software revision and call your Service Manager, you may not be on the current revision. Unfortunately, unlike Ford, you can't do the software upgrades yourself, the dealer needs to do them.

#7 ·
Usually the dealers will not do any software upgrades or for that matter TSB's, before the vehicle is sold. I don't think I have seen a proactive Nissan dealer perform these at oil change service intervals either, unlike other makes of higher end dealerships. You can scroll though you radios screen and go to the application settings - I think the option to look at the software revision is there - you should get something like FXXX, mine is F217 on a 2018 SL - my servicing dealer has told me there is a newer release, so I will get the radio flashed next time I go in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.