14Likes

post #1 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
tuned but not deleted

I did it today.
Proven Diesel emissions tunes egr off, dpf and scr on.
Full support package, sotf 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 bumps.

Think I might visit my local dyno after some learning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Bmw

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Didnt know that was an option. The EGR is half the problem, DPF is the other half. How does it run? Notice a big difference?
post #3 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw View Post
Didnt know that was an option. The EGR is half the problem, DPF is the other half. How does it run? Notice a big difference?
Ditto!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
just a little less clean

Quote:
Been searching for this type of tune since November when I purchased my truck.
Spent some time getting to know my truck and changing some things to make it just right.
For me deleting the dpf on prior diesels did not really add a lot and I prefer not to be rolling any coal.
Putting hot sticky exhaust gas back into the motor to reduce nox is where I have an issue and 1/3 my driving is around town.
I purchased the tune today and from all accounts I expect the same power increases as a tune/delete but I still have to pay for def.

You have to give me some time for driving results and I will put it on the dyno to prove it.
post #5 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjs View Post
Quote:
Spent some time getting to know my truck and changing some things to make it just right.
For me deleting the dpf on prior diesels did not really add a lot and I prefer not to be rolling any coal.
Putting hot sticky exhaust gas back into the motor to reduce nox is where I have an issue and 1/3 my driving is around town.
I purchased the tune today and from all accounts I expect the same power increases as a tune/delete but I still have to pay for def.

You have to give me some time for driving results and I will put it on the dyno to prove it.
Hear ya on coal. Says come gimmie ticket.
Egr is the real enemy. Exhaust Flow will be sufficient for lower tunes. Def use will increase no? How the heck regen will work baffles me. Doesnt egr need to work to regen and have def function properly?!

Main concern i would have is heat inside engine bay/egts?
post #6 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treecowboy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Egr is the real enemy. Exhaust Flow will be sufficient for lower tunes. Def use will increase no? How the heck regen will work baffles me. Doesnt egr need to work to regen and have def function properly?!

I’m also curious to see how regens will work as well. If it functions sufficiently this may be the route I go as well! Has there been any other on this forum that have done only a tune + EGR delete while keeping dpf intact?

Last edited by Ksalway; 03-11-2019 at 07:07 PM.
post #7 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Here's the note I sent to Proven Diesel. I also sent this request to HPP and CA, they declined.

I could do it today if you are ready.
My request would be a full support package, sotf, unlock cable.
Asking for egr delete on all 5 tunes with the dpf and scr systems active.
I am hoping that your tunes dial back some of the high exhaust fluid usage to reasonable levels.

They agreed to this.
Regens will still occur probably on the 24 hour clock.
Without egr the intake and resulting exhaust gases will be cleaner and cooler.
All the stock sensors for the dpf scr will still be in place and functioning, I expect to see egt's drop.
post #8 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Here's the note I sent to Proven Diesel. I also sent this request to HPP and CA, they declined.

I could do it today if you are ready.
My request would be a full support package, sotf, unlock cable.
Asking for egr delete on all 5 tunes with the dpf and scr systems active.
I am hoping that your tunes dial back some of the high exhaust fluid usage to reasonable levels.

They agreed to this.
Regens will still occur probably on the 24 hour clock.
Without egr the intake and resulting exhaust gases will be cleaner and cooler.
All the stock sensors for the dpf scr will still be in place and functioning, I expect to see egt's drop.
When you run higher hp you are adding more fuel, more burn, more heat than stock but your stock exhaust diameter remains the same and emissions still intact and restrictive. So i dunno bout lower egts...
How do u figure?
If on stock power setting yeah but those other sotf levels gonna increase heat no?
post #9 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Bmw

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
I think that type of tune is a nice option. I hate the EGR the most, but regens are a close second. I would imagine you'll see increased frequency in regens now though, as more soot tries to escape through the tailpipe instead of making the second trip through the engine.
post #10 of 91 Old 03-11-2019, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Count me as curious on this one as well. Been debating pros and cons, and the biggest con is black smoky exhaust.

As to how the regen is affected with the EGR electronically disabled, short answer is it should have no effect.

I've had an OBD2 scan tool for about a year and half. I have viewed the DPF temp and EGR position while driving for much of that time. I can tell you with certainty that the EGR is fully closed during regen. DPF gets up to 1000 +/- 150 deg F during regen, and runs between 400-600 during unloaded normal driving. Towing and/or hills push it up a bit.

My question to any and all is why are low EGT's such a good thing? My preference would be for the EGT's to be in the 600-700F range nominally as this would promote passive regeneration which begins to occur above 600F

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page