Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post numbers here for 0-60 MPH times. Empty with driver and one passenger to run stop watch.

Provide the following information please:
XD MODEL S, SV, etc
Engine type (Gas or Diesel)
4WD OR 2WD
Elevation
Approx air temp if available.

Please follow all safety procedures and laws.

Be honest so that a fair representation of real world performance numbers are obtained.

Thanks!

·
141 Posts
Anyone have a sundial I can be borrow? Or an egg timer?

·
141 Posts
Thanks digital, knew I was missing something in life! ;)

Reactions: digitalbliss

·
450 Posts
It's not a competitive race car, the 0-60 times are irrelevant.
So true....but 0-60 times can be a decent indicator for ability to merge or pull out into traffic. Help's visualize just how SLOW the truck really is lol.

Plus it helps to have the community pull together this data while the truck is fairly new to the market so that we have a good subgroup to compare times against once tuners come out or Nissan release's later models with increased power numbers.

·
450 Posts
XD pro4x diesel approx. 3k miles
500 ft or so elevation
2WD traction control off
Tow haul mode on
First 2 runs AC on last 3 AC off
85 degrees outside

First 2 runs were 9.5 and 9.6 sec.

This is where things got interesting
With the AC on I couldn't build anymore than 2 to 4 lbs of boost before launching. I just figured that was how the engine management was programmed. I turned off the AC to see if the AC was sapping any power, even though I know there is a WOT bypass.

Well with the AC off I could easily build 15-20lbs of boost before launching. Anything over 15lbs and the tires would spin violently causing the VDC to kick in even though it was turned off.

So 3rd run AC off and 20lbs boost at launch was 10.25. VDC cut in bad.

4th run AC off and 15lbs boost mild tire spin and VDC did not cut in was 8.6 sec.

5th run AC off and 15lbs of boost almost no tire spin was 8.4 sec.

Now I know everyone will call BS. I will have my wife ride with me tomorrow and video it to show the time and the boost at launch difference. Something else weird was my 1-2 shift is just under 4k rpm and very quick with boost cutting out to about 15lbs between shifts. The 2-3 shift happens around 4200 rpm and seems to take much longer. Boost drops almost to zero before the shift is completed.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

·
363 Posts
Add a Cummins bumper stickers to get into the high 7's.
For low 7's, you need to get serious and add a K&N air filter FTW!

·
450 Posts
Add a Cummins bumper stickers to get into the high 7's.
For low 7's, you need to get serious and add a K&N air filter FTW!
If only it ran off of premium grade sarcasm. Then I could fuel it from your comments.

·
450 Posts
https://youtu.be/nrlQETWWE6A

So there is a video of a run. I think the problem with boost and the AC was my fault. I don't think I was waiting long enough for it to build. This was a poor run. You can see in the video that the VDC still cut in and it short shifted the 1-2 shift.

Phone died after this so I wasn't able to record anymore.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not a competitive race car, the 0-60 times are irrelevant.
I disagree. One of the reasons that I purchased the 1st Generation Titan was for the performance.
0-60 times can be used as a comparison, just like the Ike Gauntlet comparison showed the difference in towing performance (even though they don't know how to drive a truck in my opinion.)
I enjoy having the extra power on tap to accelerate when needed.
(Extra power is subjective, whether you race or not.)
0-60 performance is very relevant to me. YMMV

·
658 Posts
https://youtu.be/nrlQETWWE6A

So there is a video of a run. I think the problem with boost and the AC was my fault. I don't think I was waiting long enough for it to build. This was a poor run. You can see in the video that the VDC still cut in and it short shifted the 1-2 shift.

Phone died after this so I wasn't able to record anymore.

$50-$60k truck but cant get a car charger for your phone?!?!?

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was actually hoping for times that are relevant to everyday driving, not power braking. I don't care about 60 foot times or 1/4 mile times.
Just mash the pedal and record your time for equal comparison.

·
450 Posts
$50-$60k truck but cant get a car charger for your phone?!?!?
It's a tragedy! Thank god for food stamps and obamacare that way I can pay for my truck!

@Imadogman Well when I think 0-60 I think performance....as in what is the best it can do. I'll just refrain from participating.

·
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a tragedy! Thank god for food stamps and obamacare that way I can pay for my truck!

@Imadogman Well when I think 0-60 I think performance....as in what is the best it can do. I'll just refrain from participating.
Kadoi, I was just hoping to find a real world comparison for everyday driving.
I appreciate your participation. I also realize that you can't post anything without lots of comments from the peanut gallery. (I am guilty of this as well:devil:)
Most of the posts here are just opinion. Your posts were at least relevant to the purpose of the thread, and because you participated, you became the target of the popcorn eaters.
Illegitimi non carborundum

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I was actually hoping for times that are relevant to everyday driving, not power braking. I don't care about 60 foot times or 1/4 mile times.
Just mash the pedal and record your time for equal comparison.
You can't drive the xd diesel that way with the torque management system. It will fall on its face. That's why 0-60 times are lackluster. Tweak your driving style a bit and a totally different feel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts