Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 XD 5.6 gasser. 5450 miles...

Took my first interstate trip today. ScanGauge 2 showed 11.1 with cruise set at 70. I dont have access to the trucks info center since I lost most of my left side steering wheel controls when I installed my Pioneer HU. Either my ScanGauge 2 is wayyyyy off or this 5.6 sucks fuel like there's no tomorrow!!

·
901 Posts
Is they a chance that your tool is set for litres/100 km(canadian/metric) not mpg? If it is that should be 20 ish mpg im thinking.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been looking at the info on CleanMileage. I read where my TPS should be set at TPS +1. Have to fill-up tomorrow so I'm going to do a clean reset of the SGII with the TPS entered correctly. (I didn't even know about the TPS thing before)

·
712 Posts
A co worker of mine had a first gen Titan.
For a year. I don't know that it ever got 14, he said it was around 12 most of the time.

I had one for a loaner for a bit when the XD was in the shop, only way I got it to 14 was driving like an old man.

And the first gen were quite a bit lighter than the XD, same engine.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a clean reset of my SGII, setting the proper perimeters for my larger tires, TPS, cutoff. Then, filled from 1/4 tank. Manual MPG since last fill up was 14.6. While driving with the correct perimeters set, hovered between 14.1, 3 in town.

·
185 Posts
A co worker of mine had a first gen Titan.
For a year. I don't know that it ever got 14, he said it was around 12 most of the time.

I had one for a loaner for a bit when the XD was in the shop, only way I got it to 14 was driving like an old man.

And the first gen were quite a bit lighter than the XD, same engine.
Not the same engine.

·
616 Posts
I calculate my mileage by hand and my diesel XD's computation is astonishingly accurate. I get about 23 on the highway and 15-18 around town depending on length of trip.

·
569 Posts
I calculate my mileage by hand and my diesel XD's computation is astonishingly accurate. I get about 23 on the highway and 15-18 around town depending on length of trip.
I've had a similar experience with my hand calculated to truck calculated mpg being close. Within .5mpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts