Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know this could be interesting. I believe many of us have been operating from the perspective that Nissan is simply going to jam the V8 Cummins into the 1500 and call it a day, but what if the strategy is much larger than that?

The Japanese have long been criticised for their lack of a HD program, perhaps the Cummins 5.0 is exactly the engine to build their new HD program around?

The Half Ton segment is a war zone and one thats heavily saturated. The HD market however is far more open with consumers less entrenched...

Interesting to watch this unfold!

·
81 Posts
That would be a great thing to see happen, last thing I heard was that they would have different versions of the Titan alone, sure seems like for them expanding into area's i sa key thing to do.

·
55 Posts
I think they need to, your typical half ton frame is simply not built to withstand 560 ft-lbs of twist, and if it was the engineering would price it right out of the market...

·
37 Posts
Few months ago I tested current model of Titan. In the end sales rep told me that there will be a 3/4 ton Titan next year. She told me bunch of other stuff. That's were I kind of felt that it was all more like a sales pitch. I think, we have to wait until January to find out for sure.

·
81 Posts
Few months ago I tested current model of Titan. In the end sales rep told me that there will be a 3/4 ton Titan next year. She told me bunch of other stuff. That's were I kind of felt that it was all more like a sales pitch. I think, we have to wait until January to find out for sure.
That is consistent with what I have read and heard about the next generation Titan, it's going to be a big change and step up from the current titan, something i'm looking forward to.

·
55 Posts
That would make much more sense than offering a 5.0L V8 in a half ton, as I've said before a 5.0 V8 is not exactly a small motor no matter the catalyst.

·
857 Posts
power stats on the 4 cylinder look great too.
maybe they will be able to sell people on the idea of good fuel economy with it as one of the bigger points.

·
37 Posts
Current Titan (from Canadian Nissan site) "317 hp and 385 lb-ft/torque"
2.8 L Cummins from the article: "210 hp and 385 lb-ft/torque"
Current 3.6 L Ram 1500 (from USA site): "305 hp and 269 lb-ft/torque"

It was reported that NIssan will try to compete by introducing more configurations.

·
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6.7L Cummins I6: 350 hp and 660 ft-lbs... I'm really curious how Nissan intends to position the 5.0 Titan...
@YBM, where did you hear about the multiple configurations?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts