Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
772 Posts
17= usually pretty cheap relative to 20's. in both the wheels, and especially tires. you get more sidewall, so better for off roading.

18= little less sidewall, looks good, not bad for off roading either. TONS of wheel and tire options. i run 18's, i wish i could run 17's but most don't fit the big azz brakes on my titan.

20= expensive tires. But looks killer on most set ups. tough to beat a 20" wheel in a 33x12.50 all terrain on a leveled truck IMO.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
The smaller the wheel with a taller sidewall really improves the ride quality but will also feel a bit more squeamish when turning.

·
313 Posts
17= usually pretty cheap relative to 20's. in both the wheels, and especially tires. you get more sidewall, so better for off roading.
This. I went from 20's to 17's and saved Can$80-100 per tire on LT tires IIRC.

I like a stiff sidewall for towing, but if you go from a 20" P rated tire to a 17" LT-E rating with more sidewall, it's still a major improvement in stiffness.

And that extra sidewall is probably good for you when slamming into huge potholes at 60mph with a full load.

Appearance? Bah. Function and price is more important at my age.

·
94 Posts
20's on the road because I like how they look. 17's in the bush because I like a meaty tire and hate the sound of a tire topping out in it's well.

·
772 Posts
I ran 22's on my 2011 pro 4x even in foot tall snow no issues
I know a lot of people are turned off by the thought of a 22 on a truck. but if done right, it looks really nice. Guy i know ran 22's on his lifted titan with some meaty tires, it looked great. now runs 22's on his new cummins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts