Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks who know better than I. I installed the AFE CAI and Scorcher about a month or so ago. Recently I installed the CFT Catch Can. On a long drive, about 350 miles in, I get a CEL. Run my FixD scanner and get this... Tried to reset and no luck. Ran a search on the codes on this site, nothing found. Drove it about 500 miles after the light came on, no performance issues that I could feel. Light is still on. So......I need to get the oil changed, should I remove the Scorcher and Catch can and see if it fixes the issue? Any advice is appreciated. From what I can tell the codes have something to do with the EGR system, so maybe it is the recent catch can install? Also checked can for liquid, nothing comes out..

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Removed scorcher. Reset cel and it went away. And then I added a pedal commander. May reinstall catch can and see what happens. Will stick with this setup until warranty is out then tune and delete!!

·
1,475 Posts
Removed scorcher. Reset cel and it went away. And then I added a pedal commander. May reinstall catch can and see what happens. Will stick with this setup until warranty is out then tune and delete!!
Catch can is not going to throw a code

·
669 Posts
Catch can is not going to throw a code
False. A catch can will throw a code, potentially.

I quit running one because they kept throwing codes. I tried the Mishimoto and CFT catch can. Both have me codes about once per tank of fuel, roughly.

I’d dihatch the catch can and the scorcher and the intake. You’re not getting any gains from any of those.

If you DONT want to delete yet, just run the pedal commander and stay on top of maintenance.

My 2 cents

·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
False. A catch can will throw a code, potentially.

I quit running one because they kept throwing codes. I tried the Mishimoto and CFT catch can. Both have me codes about once per tank of fuel, roughly.

I’d dihatch the catch can and the scorcher and the intake. You’re not getting any gains from any of those.

If you DONT want to delete yet, just run the pedal commander and stay on top of maintenance.

My 2 cents
Thx for the advice. Catch can and scorcher removed. Added PC. Seems to run fine and the PC does help a lot in city +2 mode. Will remove CAI if I get another code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts