Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received and installed a 180 degree thermostat from mishimoto. Now my engine coolant temps hover around 185+ which I’m happy with. I know the 205 degree operating temp is helpful for emissions equipment but I prefer things running a little cooler, especially down here in Tx

·
1,979 Posts
Just remember the computer is programed run the motor @ the factory set temp. You're not doing the motor any favors, regardless of what state you live in.
People have tried this with jeep wranglers, all it did was make the computer think something was wrong & the computer made the motor run rich.

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t mind a little more fuel. It’s just more cushion for the pushin’ When I switch to level 5 lol. In all seriousness I don’t think it’s hurting anything.

·
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn’t have gone this route with stock emissions on the truck. I also feel like it helps since I’ve got a tuner. If I notice anything crazy, it'll be an easy switch back to the factory thermostat

·
61 Posts
I know this is am old thread but I have been d3l3ted for a year now and finally put the 180 degree mishimoto thermostat and I make regular trips from Austin to New Mexico amd I am consistently getting just over 1mpg improvement in fuel economy.

·
2016 XD Pro4X Cummins
7 Posts
I know this is am old thread but I have been d3l3ted for a year now and finally put the 180 degree mishimoto thermostat and I make regular trips from Austin to New Mexico amd I am consistently getting just over 1mpg improvement in fuel economy.
yep, as long as you are deleted and not coking out your DPF, extra fuel and a cooler engine doesnt really matter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts