Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to do a quick weekend trip at the margaritaville campground close to the house with the new camper and truck. Was only a 25 mile trek,so decided to see what the xd was made of and tow it w/out the wdh. Did great. Plenty of power. Did feel some sway action a couple times for the 10 miles I was on the interstate,but very happy with the way the truck handled it. Camper is 6600lb dry,probably close to 7500 loaded. I will definitely be using the wdh when i tow it on longer treks though for the sway alone;its an equalizer hitch setup..
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Car

·
14 Posts
Equilizer will do what it should - make the camper and truck a single unit. We just towed about 9500lbs. at 65-70mph on the interstate and in the 45-55mph range through the Idaho mountains. Went over lots of curves, bumps, frost heaves, etc. and the confidence with which the XD tows is awesome. It is a 3/4 ton in disguise.

·
7 Posts
I also should mention I did use weight distribution/sway bars, truck was perfectly level and was a dream to pull a camper with on I-75 in Ohio compared to my last four gas trucks (Ram 1500 4.7 tho, Chevy Silverado 1500, Ford Expedition, Chevy Suburban). I will NEVER again tow with gas engine!

·
2018 Titan XD Pro4X 5.0
23 Posts
I also have a PRO4X and haul a travel trailer of fairly similar specs. With an equalizer hitch it pulls smooth and stable. And the seats are all-day comfortable. Let us know how it feels with WDH on your long haul.

·
1 Posts
I picked up my Titan last year a couple of weeks before we purchased a new trailer. I purposely chose the 2WD to keep the tow capacity as high as possible. We had towed a 29' Grey Wolf out west for two weeks with a Ram 1500 and I hated every minute of it. Once we decided to upgrade the trailer, I needed a beefier truck to tow the 9975lb gross trailer. This pic is from pick up day. Since then, I've upgraded the (2) 20lb LP tank to 30lb and added a washer/dryer combo in the rear. The equalizer/sway bars really help bring the truck to as much level as possible. I also added a Shocker hitch when I got this trailer. Still get a little bump and tug on secondary roads, but once I'm on the highway, it settles in and is very smooth. I like to keep 1500-2000 lbs. below gross (you still have to add in people/dogs/food/crap to either the trailer or truck), and this truck/trailer set-up works out perfectly. If we upgrade again to a larger trailer, the Titan may be out of its league at that point; but that would probably be a fifth wheel as a trailer above 33' isn't much fun to tow.

I think you'll find the Titan an easy tow vehicle.

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts