Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nissan's new mid-sized truck may be coming late 2016 or early 2017. It's an upgraded version of the Nissan Frontier and most likely will have a higher end material overhaul.

No specs are out yet so we'll have to wait a bit. Let's hope the accessories for the current Frontier will be transferable when the new one comes out because this tent attachment looks pretty convenient.

·
608 Posts
I am not sure about this tent attched to your car trend, but they have actually done a good job of this. It makes a lot more sense on a pickup than on other body types that I have seen around.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I am not sure about this tent attched to your car trend, but they have actually done a good job of this. It makes a lot more sense on a pickup than on other body types that I have seen around.
Tried it on a Titan ... It sucked

·
857 Posts
IMO, if I was going camping, I rather just use a traditional tent and keep the bed of the truck for storing things. Been doing that for years and don't see a reason for doing it with a vehicle. Almost unnecessary.

·
94 Posts
IMO, if I was going camping, I rather just use a traditional tent and keep the bed of the truck for storing things. Been doing that for years and don't see a reason for doing it with a vehicle. Almost unnecessary.
I could see a bed tent being useful for areas with extremely uneven terrain where setting up a tent on the ground is annoying or if it rains a lot and there is no good high ground. I considered one but I like to use my truck to go do things when I'm camping/hunting and for some reason the term "welfare camper" popped into my head so I decided against it.

·
658 Posts
Set up camp, and realize you forgot the hot dogs...
In a traditional tent on the ground set up, you simply drive into town to get what you need. In a truck bed tent, you break down camp so that you can drive the truck...

I had one of these for my '05 Colorado. I liked it in some situations, and not in others. I wouldn't buy another.

·
608 Posts
Set up camp, and realize you forgot the hot dogs...
In a traditional tent on the ground set up, you simply drive into town to get what you need. In a truck bed tent, you break down camp so that you can drive the truck...

I had one of these for my '05 Colorado. I liked it in some situations, and not in others. I wouldn't buy another.
Very good point. Didn't think of that before. Ultimately I think that it there aren't really many significant benefits. It just seems cool, but it doesn't provide much utility and in fact makes many things more difficult.

·
857 Posts
I could see a bed tent being useful for areas with extremely uneven terrain where setting up a tent on the ground is annoying or if it rains a lot and there is no good high ground. I considered one but I like to use my truck to go do things when I'm camping/hunting and for some reason the term "welfare camper" popped into my head so I decided against it.
That's a very good point since with the height you get in a bed of a truck you're just about as high as you need to be, actually more.

Just goes to show the different needs there are, will be suitable for some and not for others.

·
658 Posts
That's a very good point since with the height you get in a bed of a truck you're just about as high as you need to be, actually more.

Just goes to show the different needs there are, will be suitable for some and not for others.
These are semi solutions, the bed of your truck will be wet if it has been raining before setting up your tent. These tents do not have a floor in them, so your tent floor would be wet until/if it dries. Also, uneven terrain could still be a problem in the truck bed because the truck would have to be parked in flat area that doesnt slope too.

Dont get me wrong, this type of tent has some advantages some of the time, but mostly is just something that seems cool.

·
363 Posts
Close, but that's not it. That's one of those, fake click bait sites, which oh-so-many fall for. The D23 is very similar to what will be sold in the US as the Frontier.
Not only that but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bot post - as 'its' posts come with links and generic superficial comments. 'Version 2017'?

·
169 Posts
Not really digging the interior, of course that could be changed in-person.

If it has the 2.8 Cummins and 8 speed auto, I'd seriously consider it.

As for truck tents, I have a Kodiak tent for my Dodge and it's perfectly fine. Have the inflatable mattress and my daughter and I like it perfectly fine. We often go places where a run to town isn't an option; you either bring it or live without.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts